86 BII Fuel system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tony

Reaction score
My '86 2.9 4x4 will not start. The fuel pump will not come on. I changed the relay. When I jumped the pump it comes on, but still will not start. The injectors are getting steady power the whole time (no clicking), even when I'm trying to start it. I heard that when connected, the tester light should blink from the injectors when the truck is starting, I don't know. But like I said they're steady power. I'm getting spark. I tried to change my EEC, still no good. The truck turns over and when I get a rag soaked in Gas stick it in the intake, turn it over, it'll run. The inertia switch is closed I dyked it and twisted the two wires together. I have four wires that go into the fuel pump relay. I have 3 wires that are hot. The wire going to the fuel pump is the only one that is not hot. Also, when I turn the key off and take the key out I'm still getting power to the injectors and all the relays. please help, Tony

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tsebalj