85 Bronco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
I looked at a 85 Bronco for sale for $400 but the main wiring harness is slightly melted.

It runs decent and all the lights work. I would think it had some high amperage and will continue to heat up until the harness fails.

Its been sitting for a year or so also. I think a new harness is $1000 but to install it might be more work than its worth. What do you think? The price is right for another off road beater!

BigNasty

SquirrelBait
Reaction score
I'd go for it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The last 400 dollar car I had lasted me over 5 years :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Even then, 400 for the truck, a grand for the harness and you have something that is a lot less that most I see for sale and many in worse shape :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Seabronc

Reaction score
You betchya!! I'd take it in a heart beat. Would just love another project vehicle, but not sure how my wife would feel, actually I might find a cot out next to it. :lol:

Good luck

:)>-

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
It might be worth it for parts, if it's in fair shape. A shop in town has an 84/85 for sale for $250. It looks like it's been to Mexico and back 100 times, and has not been sold yet in 4 months. The scrap metal/salvage yard might give you a little for it, more if it has a title. I paid $300 for my 84, and also gave $300 for the 88 parts Bronco. Both have good body panels and little rust, so that's what I look at. The 88 had a broken right hub and no title, the 84 had a blown engine. But both were driven up to when they broke, and the other parts of the drivetrain worked. As a 'forinstance' ifyou think you might want to buy it and part it out, the axles, t-case, tranny and motor are worth about $200 each as long as they aren't obviously damaged or otherwise locked up. Look it over and be frugal!!!

TheTank

Reaction score
Take it man...beside a new harness is not that hard to install...even if you use it as a parts truck, its worth it..i would take it..if you do get it...keep us posted... <):)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
david@holycitytransportat