78 bronco help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

78BroncHair

Reaction score
A couple months ago I bought a 78 bronco with a 351 and a 4 speed on a 4 inch rough country lift with 35 inch M/T MTZ tires on some M/T Classic lock rims. I ripped the rear axle completely out of the truck on the first day I got it. (loose U bolts) and I lost the transmission out of it a few weeks ago (which Im replacing with a C6 for now.) Does anyone know where I can find new rear springs (for a decent price) preferably where I dont have to run blocks anymore? The best price Ive come across is like 300 or so. and Im looking to either re build my 351 or swap in a 4bt cummins with a 5 speed or a 460 after I buy another truck to drive daily. Does anyone know what my best option is? And I want to mount a tach on my dash in the middle but my brother said he couldnt find anything solid under the dash to mount his tach to.. Anyone find out anything different? Also I eventually would like to run some 33x15.50 super swamper boggers for the mud and such (not every day tires, just to go WHEELIN with. Any ideas? And any other slick modifications anyone did to these trucks to make them more useful?

brandcole73

Reaction score
Check this link out.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread....light=twinstick

I am replacing my c-6 right now and came across this to twin stick the transfer case. I'm going to do it to mine. I don't do much wheelin with mine, it's still too nice to bang up, but it would be cool to have! Don't think it doesn't leave pavement, I two track all the time! Just not real ********* stuff. I have a 3" suspension lift, new springs and coils. It was like that when I got it with 35" bfg MT's. They fit, but just barely. I put 33" AT's on it now.

Yardape

Reaction score
I would go with the 460, its a direct bolt in swap. As easy as it gets. Any 3 inch wide spring from a 4wd ford truck will work. you can do a shackle flip which will give you about 4.5 inches lift with no blocks.

Johnny Reb

Reaction score
A couple months ago I bought a 78 bronco with a 351 and a 4 speed on a 4 inch rough country lift with 35 inch M/T MTZ tires on some M/T Classic lock rims. I ripped the rear axle completely out of the truck on the first day I got it. (loose U bolts) and I lost the transmission out of it a few weeks ago (which Im replacing with a C6 for now.) Does anyone know where I can find new rear springs (for a decent price) preferably where I dont have to run blocks anymore? The best price Ive come across is like 300 or so. and Im looking to either re build my 351 or swap in a 4bt cummins with a 5 speed or a 460 after I buy another truck to drive daily. Does anyone know what my best option is? And I want to mount a tach on my dash in the middle but my brother said he couldnt find anything solid under the dash to mount his tach to.. Anyone find out anything different? Also I eventually would like to run some 33x15.50 super swamper boggers for the mud and such (not every day tires, just to go WHEELIN with. Any ideas? And any other slick modifications anyone did to these trucks to make them more useful?
How about mounting the tach on top of the dash? Take a ***** out that holds the trim down near the padded dash? I did and its solid for it.

pimpa shrimp

Reaction score
How about mounting the tach on top of the dash? Take a ***** out that holds the trim down near the padded dash? I did and its solid for it.
wear i mounted the tach in my 78 f150 and in my dads 73 f250 is just right of the radio besale in that open space. i put a 5" automeater with the shift light and it looks great

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gryph