400m Intake Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deezel_Dusten

Reaction score
I have a 400M 2bbl in my 79, and was curious what is the difference in 4V aftermarket intakes, i see Edelbrocks performer is listed as a 4V, and i assume that means it is for the ford 4V heads, and weiands is listed as 2V, meaning 2bbl heads. Would a 4V work on my 2V heads? I found a new in box edelbrock performer for 100 bucks.

BigNasty

SquirrelBait
Reaction score
Not quite :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

For intakes, the 4v and 2v are what type of carburator bolts on.

Nothing to do with heads unless you are running a set-up that is different from stock, say a 302 with 351 clevelend heads etc.

The difference between 4v and 2v heads typically is in the valve sizes, with the 2v valves normally being smaller than a 4v heads valves would be. The outside of the heads is the same so that nearly all intakes for the particular engine will bolt on and work.

The reason I say 'nearly all intakes' is due to some engine design changes through out the years, so it is best to get the casting # off the block and heads if possible to get the correct part.

Example, 351 windsor - not all are the same with early versions having a shorter block deck height, same heads, but uses a slightly smaller intake than the newer taller version of the same engine

Getting confused yet? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

OP
OP
D

Deezel_Dusten

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I know that they are many different versions for fords motors, they seemed obsessed with change. Looks like i will take the intake then, thanks.

Dusten

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sufferedformula