33 gallon MTS plastic gas tank fitment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OX1

Reaction score
Just for infomational purposes.

Got this tank through justgastanks.com

Tried to seat it in factory skid plate before raising tank, and the indentations that run for/aft, to keep tank from
moving side to side, are not in the correct spot.

The factory tank, the factory skid plate, and both of my 78/79's frames are 16 inch on center.
The new tank is 15.5 and will not seat correctly in skid plate, or line up right with upper straps.

MTS says they supply everyone and have had only one mold for 30 years.
And of course, I get the std answer that "they've never heard about this before".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

new tank

20210615_103450.jpg

20210615_103500.jpg

factory skid

20210615_103525.jpg

20210615_103541.jpg

frame where upper straps mount.

20210615_103618.jpg

20210615_103615.jpg

same spot, but on my other rock crawler bronco, still 16 on center

20210615_103706.jpg

bottom of old tank

20210615_103759.jpg

20210615_103806.jpg

20210615_103824.jpg

20210615_103833.jpg

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I looked up JUSTGASTANKS---Sounded like another RIP OFF COMPANY --JUSTDASHS ---I had bad dealing with in California. BEFORE I LEARNT A COUPLE OF THINGS. More then likely you ordered it and the mail was used. Looks like they committed a FELONY--The U.S. Postal service does handle crimes .To do with the postal service. I looked the company up and they
Just for infomational purposes.

Got this tank through justgastanks.com

Tried to seat it in factory skid plate before raising tank, and the indentations that run for/aft, to keep tank from
moving side to side, are not in the correct spot.

The factory tank, the factory skid plate, and both of my 78/79's frames are 16 inch on center.
The new tank is 15.5 and will not seat correctly in skid plate, or line up right with upper straps.

MTS says they supply everyone and have had only one mold for 30 years.
And of course, I get the std answer that "they've never heard about this before".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

new tank

View attachment 28245

View attachment 28246

factory skid

View attachment 28247

View attachment 28248

frame where upper straps mount.

View attachment 28249

View attachment 28250

same spot, but on my other rock crawler bronco, still 16 on center

View attachment 28251

bottom of old tank

View attachment 28252

View attachment 28253

View attachment 28254

View attachment 28255

have a shadey record. Anytime a wire transfer or postal service is used for fraud--brings in the feds and they have been catching people like this. I,d call the company back up and talk to the owner and TELL THEM. THEY HAVE 24 HOURS TO REFUND ALL MY MONEY--OR AFTER 24 HOURS. i WOULD FILE CHARGES ON THEM AND DO IT. Look them up--THEY HAVE A BAD REPUTATION AND NEED TO BE REPORTED. Good luck. Talk to the post master where you live and they will help you. Its fraud. The company has a 1 star rating buy the better business burea. Good luck.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I looked up JUSTGASTANKS---Sounded like another RIP OFF COMPANY --JUSTDASHS ---I had bad dealing with in California. BEFORE I LEARNT A COUPLE OF THINGS. More then likely you ordered it and the mail was used. Looks like they committed a FELONY--The U.S. Postal service does handle crimes .To do with the postal service. I looked the company up and they

have a shadey record. Anytime a wire transfer or postal service is used for fraud--brings in the feds and they have been catching people like this. I,d call the company back up and talk to the owner and TELL THEM. THEY HAVE 24 HOURS TO REFUND ALL MY MONEY--OR AFTER 24 HOURS. i WOULD FILE CHARGES ON THEM AND DO IT. Look them up--THEY HAVE A BAD REPUTATION AND NEED TO BE REPORTED. Good luck. Talk to the post master where you live and they will help you. Its fraud. The company has a 1 star rating buy the better business burea. Good luck.
Them telling you THEY ARE THE ONLY COMPANY--sounds like a gimmick to draw in business. When the weather breaks. I,ll try and get some pictures of mine. As I said before. When I got the tank lowered enoungh and pushed with my HANDS--NOT A BAR--IT SLIPPED IN. ,BUT I don,t think you tank is made right and you are right.

OP
OP
O

OX1

Reaction score
They wanted me to pay for return shipping and wanted 20% re-stocking fee.
I did dig around and if you can find another manufacturer, post it up here so no one else
has to buy this tank.

I decided to just make it work since I dunk in salt water a lot (and by the time I pay return shipping
and 20%, it was most of the cost of tanks, just like someone on here who can't send back 1/4 panels, since
it's eats up way too much cost pf return).

The upper straps were my main concern. I bought 2 sets of rubber insulators to keep straps from digging into edges of
upper ridges on tank. It may be that aftermarket skid is made to fit new tanks, but that means that skid
does not fit factory tanks, which would be weird, so I doubt it's that way.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
They wanted me to pay for return shipping and wanted 20% re-stocking fee.
I did dig around and if you can find another manufacturer, post it up here so no one else
has to buy this tank.

I decided to just make it work since I dunk in salt water a lot (and by the time I pay return shipping
and 20%, it was most of the cost of tanks, just like someone on here who can't send back 1/4 panels, since
it's eats up way too much cost pf return).

The upper straps were my main concern. I bought 2 sets of rubber insulators to keep straps from digging into edges of
upper ridges on tank. It may be that aftermarket skid is made to fit new tanks, but that means that skid
does not fit factory tanks, which would be weird, so I doubt it's that way.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
They make sure they make--not loose. If you order any saw bars or bushings--HELLWIG out of California is really good to do business with.