302 HP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JWham55

Reaction score
I was just wondering how much power I could get out of a 302 and if it would be worth the money to swap in a 351.

:-" (just for the record, I might be able to get a 454 dirt cheap) :-"

Seabronc

Reaction score
From what I've read, you can push them up to around 500 HP. I'm sure that will cost you a lot more than dirt cheap. So if you can get an alredy built performance engine dirt cheap and it is hasn't been abused, go for it. I always wonder when something is dirt cheap, "why is it dirt cheap" ?

Good luck,

:)>-

bronconite

Reaction score
How much money you got? ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Seriously, worry more about low end torque than maximum HP. Most higher horsepower engines make their max HP at an RPM range that is higher than your normal operating range (especially on a trail rig). What are you using you truck for?

OP
OP
J

JWham55

Reaction score
I Know i aint that bright but I know what 302 means. Neway I want a decent muddin truck that can also be an everyday driver. About the 454 my buddy got rear ended in his truck and it was totaled(chevy ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> " and is sellin his engine, but I also know a guy who is sellin a 351w for "750 obo" so ya.

Seabronc

Reaction score
I Know i aint that bright but I know what 302 means.  Neway I want a decent muddin truck that can also be an everyday driver.  About the 454 my buddy got rear ended in his truck and it was totaled(chevy ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> " and is sellin his engine, but I also know a guy who is sellin a 351w for "750 obo" so ya.
28408[/snapback]

No intent to insult your knowledge base, but that is what you wrote in your first post. Look at the very first line. I was just sanity checking :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

:)>-

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigd1948