1993 Bronco 5.8l Dying Of Old Age!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tmbkb

Reaction score
I'm the FNG and here is my sad story.

My 93 Bronco 5.8L has 222,000 miles and is starting to show its age. Needs to be rebuilt or replaced. Probably same with the tranny. My question is - where do I get reman's for a reasonable price??? Or, does anybody know of an available engine/tranny combo. Live in Northern Calif.

BRETS_BRONCO

Reaction score
Remeber you get what you paid for , I had to put 2 Eng.s in my 89 because I chose

the cheap route

Bret

404PageNotFound

Reaction score
theres a company in Indiana (i think) called jasper. www.Jasperengines.com

also.. most corporately owned NAPA auto parts stores could source you a nice reman engine. I believe that a 351 Runs around 1400 bucks or so. If you have a shop that has an account with them, have the shop get it on a cash slip.. it'll knock off a few bucks.

mudunit77f250

Reaction score
swap either to a used lower mileage 5.8, or get yourself a 302... check your local want ad or something like that for parts for sale, you can get things like that cheap...

jfrbronco

Reaction score
I'll go with napa myself,have gotting four motors from them in the past all seemed to run great and last.

JFR-

S

Stephen Hawk

Another place to look is P.A.W. performance Automotive wherehouse. A 351w complete long block with crank, cam, pistons, and i think heads too is 600-1400 depending on if you want stock, overbore or over stroke. I think. I'd tell you for sure but i just gave away my catalog to a friend rebuilding a stang cross country from me. They dont have an online catalog and to order one is 5 bucks but it has about 1500 pages of really good stuff. You could check online at paw engine parts dot com. (all one word) I dont know if the moderators will let you put in liks or name other websites yet i'm still new here. P.A.W. puts jeggs and summit to shame with all the engine and tranny stuff they carry.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23