1986 Bronco II tranny swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

creampuff

Reaction score
Hello newbie here. I have been reading on here lately and decided to join up and see if anyone could help me out. I have a 86 bronco II with a auto and it is four wheel drive. I was wondering if anyone has done a swap on a bronco II and how hard it will be. Thanks for the info.

BLADE262US

Reaction score
Well the difficulty will depend on what you want to swap in or out and what your skill level is . I put a 351W/C4/BG 1345 in an 84 BII it was alot of fun but paid dearly for some of the parts . :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

OP
OP
C

creampuff

Reaction score
Well the difficulty will depend on what you want to swap in or out and what your skill level is . I put a 351W/C4/BG 1345 in an 84 BII it was alot of fun but paid dearly for some of the parts . :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Well I just want to pull mine out, and put the same kind back in. I have a 1993 ford mustang that I have built fron the ground up that has a 302 with a single t-70 turbo that runs high 9's at the track, but I have never worked on a bronco II or even a four wheel drive set up. I was just asking the level of difficulty.

Last edited by a moderator:

BLADE262US

Reaction score
Well if you built that car you will have no problems . Take the drive shafts off / unbolt the T Case and remove / Take inspection cover off bellhousing / remove starter / Take 4 nuts off torque convertor if auto / Take out 6 bellhousing bolts / Remove 2 bolts that hold tranny mount to tranny and jack tranny up slightly / Remove cross member there are a couple different kinds . / Let tranny down and wiggle out . Thats about it other than a couple wires to the T case and tranny and the speedo cable . :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

OP
OP
C

creampuff

Reaction score
Well if you built that car you will have no problems . Take the drive shafts off / unbolt the T Case and remove / Take inspection cover off bellhousing / remove starter / Take 4 nuts off torque convertor if auto / Take out 6 bellhousing bolts / Remove 2 bolts that hold tranny mount to tranny and jack tranny up slightly / Remove cross member there are a couple different kinds . / Let tranny down and wiggle out . Thats about it other than a couple wires to the T case and tranny and the speedo cable . :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Sounds pretty good. So do I need to unbolt and pull the exhaust y-pipe off? ANd one more question its a auto so should I pull the transfercase while its under the truck or when I get it out.

BLADE262US

Reaction score
I forgot about the exhaust yes I think you do need to unbolt it mine had duals that I ran out of the way just for that purpose thats why I didnt think about that . And yes I would take the T Case off under there it will make it just that much more managable to get the tranny out . :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23