1970 Bronco 351 Cleveland Engine Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

70Bronco-Camo

Reaction score
Question: on 351 Cleveland in 1970 Bronco. Does anyone know which upper and lower radiator hoses to use?
Especially the lower one as it goes from driver side of engine to passenger side to radiator, a long run.
Or will a 5.0L aluminum conversion radiator with inlet hose connection on driver side.
Currently have two hoses with pipe to make lower long run.1970 Camo Bronco (2).jpg

L\Bronco

Reaction score
Question: on 351 Cleveland in 1970 Bronco. Does anyone know which upper and lower radiator hoses to use?
Especially the lower one as it goes from driver side of engine to passenger side to radiator, a long run.
Or will a 5.0L aluminum conversion radiator with inlet hose connection on driver side.
Currently have two hoses with pipe to make lower long run.
Welcome to the Zone!
Awesome Bronco!
Although I haven't spend a lot of time on Gen 1 Broncos, (I'm a Gen 2 guy)
The Cleveland engine family were famous for their tunability. (Sooo easy to get performance out of them)
That being said they were plagued with cooling problems, long story short, I'm not sure what rad you are starting with, but if an aluminum 3 core is in the cards, I wouldn't hesitate.
(And I'm inherently the cheapest guy in the room!)
An aluminum rad will be more efficient than copper, plus re-routing the rad hoses often causes unseen flow or cavitation issues within the cooling system.
Based on the info at hand, I'd go aluminum and get the hoses on the correct side, The mods will be much easier as well.
Here's an early under hood shot of my 79, Its tidier now, but there were many trial and errors involved, I ended up with the factory lightning aluminum rad and no issues. (Definitely not where I started!)
Bronco16.jpg
Hope that helps.
Cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo