Wiring diagram tank to guage 1991 Ford Bronco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo Jim,
Welcome!
Screenshot_20210824-084130_Gallery.jpg
Inspect Pump/Gauge Connector for corrosion, loose wires, etc,

Tech Tip Guide, General; "...Many times, the Ford fuel pump hanger/sender assemblies are frequently found with extensive corrosion. Over time, the terminals can loosen and cause intermittent loss of continuity. Erratic reading of the fuel sender level is one of the other problems that could occur..." : by spectrapremium.com

Inspect Ground G100 @ LH front of engine compartment on upper radiator support,in front of WS washer/Coolant overflow tank

Connector Elimination by Soldering in a 91 @ https://www.fullsizebronco.com/threads/eliminating-the-fuel-pump-connector-87-95-trucks.114389/

Here are the 1990 F Series/Bronco Pre-Delivery Shop & Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manuals (EVTM), Partial by member Kingfish999 in Google Drive (similar to your 91) @ 1990 Ford Truck service manuals - Google Drive
Slow scrolling for my slow Comcast Highest Cost Blast Internet..
Suggest you download the docs for faster scrolling and to use the page index.

1991 Bronco Dealer Brochure by Ford via via Dezo's Garage @
https://www.xr793.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/1991-Ford-Bronco.pdf

Haynes Red Manual for 80-95 Bronco & F Series @ Hanes guide 80-96 bko f series.pdf via member BroncMom

Al

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
Quick gauge test,

Unplug the sensor wire at the tank. I think it should read full.
Ground the sensor wire at the tank and I think it should go to empty.

If the gauge does that, then the problem is in the tank, either a sending unit or bad tank ground.

OP
OP
J

jimbronco91

Reaction score
Yo Jim,
Welcome!
View attachment 28389
Inspect Pump/Gauge Connector for corrosion, loose wires, etc,

Tech Tip Guide, General; "...Many times, the Ford fuel pump hanger/sender assemblies are frequently found with extensive corrosion. Over time, the terminals can loosen and cause intermittent loss of continuity. Erratic reading of the fuel sender level is one of the other problems that could occur..." : by spectrapremium.com

Inspect Ground G100 @ LH front of engine compartment on upper radiator support,in front of WS washer/Coolant overflow tank

Connector Elimination by Soldering in a 91 @ https://www.fullsizebronco.com/threads/eliminating-the-fuel-pump-connector-87-95-trucks.114389/

Here are the 1990 F Series/Bronco Pre-Delivery Shop & Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manuals (EVTM), Partial by member Kingfish999 in Google Drive (similar to your 91) @ 1990 Ford Truck service manuals - Google Drive
Slow scrolling for my slow Comcast Highest Cost Blast Internet..
Suggest you download the docs for faster scrolling and to use the page index.

1991 Bronco Dealer Brochure by Ford via via Dezo's Garage @
https://www.xr793.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/1991-Ford-Bronco.pdf

Haynes Red Manual for 80-95 Bronco & F Series @ Hanes guide 80-96 bko f series.pdf via member BroncMom

Al
Thank you I truly appreciate the help.

OP
OP
J

jimbronco91

Reaction score
Quick gauge test,

Unplug the sensor wire at the tank. I think it should read full.
Ground the sensor wire at the tank and I think it should go to empty.

If the gauge does that, then the problem is in the tank, either a sending unit or bad tank ground.
Thank you so much

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke