Winter 2005 Feature Truck - Justshootme84

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

admin1

Supreme Commander
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Justshootme84 Writes...

This Bronco was purchased new by a close friend of mine in November, 1984 for $16,242.00 He took excellent care of it, and I often rode along on road trips, usually towing a 6500# trailer for our C&W band. In July of 2001 at 170,000 miles, the oil pump failed and locked the motor. I jumped at the chance to buy the Bronco for $300 and fix it up as both a work truck and weekend toy. I began by purchasing a new longblock kit from NAPA Auto Parts ($1700) and had it installed by L&M Auto in Wharton, TX. I then added a few mods to the 351W H.O. V8. The next step was to have a fresh paint job applied and repair a few dozen hail dents from a storm in 2002. After that, I removed the hardtop and bought a used Skyler fastback softtop for rainy days. I then focused my efforts on the suspension by having Tough Country Offroad in El Campo,TX install a Skyjacker 6

bronco3.jpg

bronco4.jpg

newbronc1.jpg

newbronc2.jpg

newbronc3.jpg

liftkit1.jpg

liftkit2.jpg

liftkit3.jpg

liftkit4.jpg

liftkit5.jpg

liftkit8.jpg

digibronco5.jpg

engine1A.jpg

SHAKER.jpg

shkrscoop8.jpg

shkrscoop9.jpg

thwbronco14.jpg

thwbronco15.jpg

thwbronco16.jpg

thwbronco17.jpg

thwbronco18.jpg

thwbronco19.jpg

thwbronco20.jpg

thwbronco21.jpg

digibronco12.jpg

digibronco13.jpg

digibronco14.jpg

digibronco15.jpg

restore1.jpg

seatcovers2.jpg

thwbronco9.jpg

thwbronco10.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Micah_86

Reaction score
THAT SURE IS A SWEET BRONCO! GOOD JOB FIXING IT UP! GOOD JOB MAKING IT LOOK AMAZING! I WISH I HAD THE MONEY TO DO THAT!

Micah

Bradt

Reaction score
Congrats bud. A beautiful truck and a great testament to what a little love, a lot of money, and a boatload of knowhow can do. Glad to have you, and your truck of course, around.

brad

Ziggy

Reaction score
Nice truck, I haven't seen a shaker intake since my brother-in-laws Torino. Gives you a "one-of-a-kind" Bronco.

Ziggy

yusuebronko2_86

Reaction score
that is by far the HOTTEST bronco i've seen up to date. safe to say, I'm jealous of your accomplishment. :D/ I've always wanted to do something like that with my 86 b2, but I just dont have the bread, but I do have a bad-ass paint scheme to make mine look pretty good, but it'll never look THAT damn good! B) we definitely gotta meet so i can get a closer look at your awesome masterpiece!

a31gun

Reaction score
nice bronc man, how do you like the rear soft top? is it a bitch on the highway? or is it fairly quiet? i see your a pretty determined user on this site. i put in a question concerning an 8" skyjacker. only you and another replied. know anyone here who can help me man. again, nice bronc.

American Rebel

4x4 Trail Master
Reaction score
Where did you find those Euro Tail Lights?

I have looked everywhere and I can't find any.... They look sweet on the bronco

Reaction score
thats a sweet bronco. i bet the shaker hood looks awesome when ya rev it! how much was the total build cost? i bet has to be up there somewhere. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> lookin at gettin an 88. would love to do a few mods to it like a lift kit and diferent gears.

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
79H, thanks for the compliment!!! I have to give credit to my 'body man', Henry Longoria from Wharton, TX. He did all of the body and paint work, I just came up with the 2-tone hood idea using the original colors.

The 84 Bronco is currently undergoing a total restoration. I blew the engine last Summer during a practice mud run, and was planning to replace it anyway during the Winter months. Check out my Superford.org gallery for updates from now thru the Summer of '06. Already, I've installed a S&W 10-point rollcage kit with PRP racing seats and 5-pt harnesses. Herculined the floor and inner bedsides. Built a set of tube doors (see 86 gallery at SFO). Re-gearing both axles with 4.56:1 gears, mini-spool in the Ford 9" rear, full spool for the front D44 TTB with Warn hubs. Still working on an engine/tranny/t-case set-up using a '94 351W-Lightning motor, race-built C-6, and Atlas transfer case. Also bought a pair of Dana60 axles with OX lockers and building a custom 4-link suspension front and rear using air bags and coilover shocks. On-board air, custom-made bumpers, winch, etc....

You won't recognize the old Bronco, except for the Shaker hood, JSM84

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave

Reaction score
Now that is a good looking Bronco. I love the color scheme and the shaker hood.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo