What year is my truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fisherleep

Reaction score
I have been trying to figure out what year my bronco is. I didn't receive any info from the previous owner. The vin # is U15GLF78752. I have been looking for a decorder online without any success. My best guess is that it is a '69 but according to broncohio.com the last series # in '69 is F63999 and the first in '70 is G30000. Isn't the VIN stamped somehwere else too like on the block?

Also is there any real way to determine Bill Stroppe editions? The second layer of paint on my bronco was orange and Bill Stroppe was stinciled on the hood. I seriously doubt it was but I'd like to know for sure.

Can anyone help me here?

Glasswalker1999

Reaction score
should be stamped on frame also . in window vin on block is just vin for engine will tell u what year the engine is so if original engine then u got a closer idea ... post a pic would help alot

gluck

Jay

Last edited by a moderator:

Crazyhorse72

Reaction score
O.K. You have a 1966 Bronco:

U15 = U 100 Wagon

L = Michigan Plant (all built there)

F = 170 cid 6 cyl.

78752 is the build month, yours is November.

You can also find out the gearing, original color, and shipping destination too from the vin plate. Just go to this link:

http://www.broncohio.com/tech/ebvins.html

Hope this helps! :)>-

I have been trying to figure out what year my bronco is.  I didn't receive any info from the previous owner.  The vin # is U15GLF78752.  I have been looking for a decorder online without any success.  My best guess is that it is a '69 but according to broncohio.com the last series # in '69 is F63999 and the first in '70 is G30000.  Isn't the VIN stamped somehwere else too like on the block?
Also is there any real way to determine Bill Stroppe editions?  The second layer of paint on my bronco was orange and Bill Stroppe was stinciled on the hood.  I seriously doubt it was but I'd like to know for sure.

Can anyone help me here?

18699[/snapback]

tcdc86

Reaction score
go to graveyard.com and order a catalog. It has a VIN decoder in the back of the catalog. and they have many parts if you need anything.

S

sa1978

my last 5 digits is 50518 can someone tell me what year mine is

chrlsful

Reaction score
Stropps were not that early. Folks can change the tags. Stamped-into-frame can not (1 is top of rail, pass side near frnt tire) but what duz it matter? Some buy a junk yrd piece, throw it all away, use the VIN to make an ICON or other big ticket item. U want to ID the COMPONENTS so as to get the optimal out of them, ID their capacity and make decisions abt weather to upgrade for your specific application. 50 yr old parts can B offa anything. That has + and -. What do YOU want for ur needs?

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo