what size tires and lift do you guys have?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whitey

Reaction score
i'm close to finally ordering my suspension lift kit (13 days and counting).

so before i do it i want to make sure of some stuff. was just curious what size tires everyone here runs and what size lift as well.

i know that alot of it depends on what you're plans to use the bronco are. but, looks play a big factor too, especially for me as this will double as a short distance daily driver.

i was hoping everyone that replies could post a pic of their bronco so i can make my final determinations and get some last minute ideas. and compare lifts w/ different sized tires.

thanks to all that post.

Last edited by a moderator:

johnski

Reaction score
No lift and 32's

picture_0095.jpg

4" and 33's

the-aftermath.jpg

4" and 35's

picture_0484.jpg

Now with 6" and 35's (I recommend doing this first and not wasting your time)

dscn1508.jpg

OP
OP
whitey

whitey

Reaction score
yep i think you're right. the 6 inch rough country kit is only $40 more. and the 35's are really what i want. so i think this is the way i will run because i know later i will have wished i went with the 6" and 35's rather than the 4" and 35's or 33's. and then skipping ahead on my to do list after the lift and redoing the gearing in the diffs and rebuilding the tranny.

so my final question (i think) would be my rims. i like them. but how do i determine the width of them? right now i have 31*10.50*15 on the bronco. i don't want to replace my rims so will a 35*12.50*15 tire fit on them even if they are 8" in diamater? i assume there is no problem if they are 10' diameter. but, is there a way to tell the size i see no tags on them unless they are marked on the innser rim somewhere.

thanks for all the input it's really helped in my final decision. this place rocks!

Yardape

Reaction score
They will fit on an 8 inch rim, but would look much cooler on a 10 inch rim. There was a guy on here selling a 6" BDS lift for 650.00, Did you see it?

OP
OP
whitey

whitey

Reaction score
no i didn't see that or was it the guy who had painted the coils blue? wasn't that for like a 78 or so if that's the one?

anyhow the rough country kit 6" is complete w/ all 6 shocks for $693 including shipping. includes brake lines, sway bar drop brackets, steering stabilizer, the works.

OP
OP
whitey

whitey

Reaction score
i was just contacted by the online merchant from whom i am purchasing the rough country lift kit. they informed me that if i send them before and after pics of the lift they will give me free shipping! or rather refund shipping when they receive pics. so knock $50 off the above price. total saved vs. roughcountry.com is $135. the kit is basically the same price at roughcountry's site but shipping is around $100 + and additional $35 for sway bar drop brackets for the same identical kit.

i will keep the board posted as far as how the merchant transaction goes and also make sure to photo document the transformation from stock suspenson to lifted. so far the merchant has bent over backwards to ensure satisfaction to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

johnski

Reaction score
They will fit on an 8 inch rim, but would look much cooler on a 10 inch rim.
Depends on what you think is "cool." If you have a low backspacing (2-2.5") you can still get that tire out of the wheelwell look with 15x8's.

Justbust1n

Reaction score
3 inch body and 6 inch suspention lift 35 in pro comp all terrieans about 14 miles to the gallon if your lucky

green streak

Reaction score
here's mine with a 4" skyjacker sitting on 33's.

DSC04488.jpg

and here's my old f-150 with 8" skyjacker suspension and 3" body lift on 38.5's

DSC03509.jpg

.......if you still want ride quality, or if you tow quite a bit and put very many miles on your bronco, i'd go with the 4".

johnski

Reaction score
The 10 inch rim will make the tire to appear wider than the 8 inch will
Not in all situations. A 10" rim with 4" backspacing will show a tire about the same as an 8" rim with 2" backspacing. The tire will actually sit taller on an 8" rim than a 10".

OP
OP
whitey

whitey

Reaction score
i'm sticking w/ whatever size my rims are now. they can be replaced down the line. i have decided on the 6" and 35's. then jumping straight to the diff gears and rebuilding tranny and restoring evrything underneath there.

6" will do me good for what i want to do. not planning on being a rock crawler. but, i do like to mountain bike and bird hunt. so a 6 inch w/ the 35's will give me exactly what i need to access certain areas for hunting and bike trails. and be a sweet looking daily driver.

thanks to everyone the pics and advice here has been great and helped me narrow it down for my final decision. all projects from here on out will be documented w/ pics.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msgsnprtom