weatherstrip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rdking97

Reaction score
When applying new weatherstrip, what type if any adhesive should be used, and how is the vent window glass and hinge removed to apply new weatherstrip? Thanks!

jason72

Reaction score
When applying new weatherstrip, what type if any adhesive should be used, and how is the vent window glass and hinge removed to apply new weatherstrip? Thanks!
I am not sure about what type of adhesive to use but the vent window is removed buy rolling down the door glass and there are 3 or 4 screws that hold it to the window frame on the outside of it where the door closes against the windshield frame the screws should be under your old weatherstrip when you take out these screws it will allow you to pry it out of the door frame along with the window track on that side.

Good Luck.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo

For better replies on anythAng; add you bronco's year, engine/tranny/Xfer case type and other pert info.

for now;

Vent Window Disassembly

The vent window frame is very easy to remove from the door once the door panel is off. Roll the glass all the way down, and remove the 2 phillips screws from the upper front edge of the door frame. Remove the 11mm (7/16") bolt from the inner door skin, just rearward of the divider bar and about 6" down from the glass. (Do not remove the 8mm - 5/16" bolt if present.) Pull the rubber glass run down from where the divider meets the top of the door frame & rearward out of the back of the divider. Tilt the vent window frame rearward to remove it from the channel in the door's upper forward edge, and rotate the front of the vent window frame inward 90 degrees. Tilt the frame back and slide it up & out of the door. Reverse to install.

With the frame out, unlatch & open the vent window, remove the two 5.5mm (7/32") screws from the upper pivot, and remove the 11mm (7/16") crimped nut from the lower pivot bolt. Slide the spring & indexed washer off, and rotate the upper pivot away from the frame. Gently rap the frame & vent window pivot bolt on a solid surface to drive the bolt & window up out of the frame. Catch the nylon washer & limit cam as the bolt clears the frame.

Work the ends of the rubber seal out of their notches in the frame, and peel it out of the channel. On '92-96, remove the 4 staples from the front corner, and remove the shield.

ventwdo.jpgby Steve83

OP
OP
R

rdking97

Reaction score
OK i've learned a lesson here, since i'm new to this thanks for all the very helpful info. My bronco is a 1970 model.

farnorthdan

Reaction score
The 3M is ok, I ended up using a industrial adhesive on mine. the trick is to rough up the weather strip surface real good with some sand paper or it won't stick...good luck. dan

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReturnToHangar