water pump bolts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

defiant

Reaction score
Water pump let go! Started replacing broke two bolts lost my german temper!! Back on it today realized i made another mistake by not marking bolt length. Can any one tell me bolt lay out by length!on 5.8 Thanks

Bronc76

Reaction score
Bolt, 5/16"-18x5"

Stud, 5/16"-18x 3/8"x 16 x 5 3/8"

Stud, 5/16"-18x 3/8"-16x 3 7/16"

OP
OP
D

defiant

Reaction score
Water pump let go! Started replacing broke two bolts lost my german temper!! Back on it today realized i made another mistake by not marking bolt length. Can any one tell me bolt lay out by length!on 5.8 Thanks
Thank you for your input,I pulled the timing cover today,i will pull those broken studs sat, then check or change the chain and gear,start the rebuild! i will let you know how i made out Thanks DEFIANT

Picture 917.jpg

Seabronc

Reaction score
When you start pulling the broken bolts, work them back and forth like you would a thread cutter. Start in the tighten direction and then back, an old trick taught me by an aviation mechanic and it has done well for me over the years. The ends are usually corroded and doing that will knock the crap off the end of the bolts. That has worked for me on any sticking bolt I've come up against. First it breaks the corrosion weld and second, especially if it is a ***** you are trying to get out, it keeps from messing up the surface you need to press against to get the ***** or bolt out.

Good luck,

peace.gif

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msgsnprtom