VIN verification

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Auggie

Reaction score
I am trying to verify that I have the glove box for the Bronco that I bought.  I just found the VIN on the frame ( passenger side, top) and it does not appear to match the glove box VIN code.  Is there any way to verify the VIN's.  I have not found anything online...everything asks for the 17 digit VIN.  The decoder in the back of the Bronco Graveyard does not have the numbers/Letters seen on my glove box nor the frame...any ideas?  Pictures included.VIN77Bronco.jpgVINglovebox77Bronco.jpg

fyreduck1921

Reaction score
Vin

U15 = Bronco wagon

G = 302 V8

L = Michigan assembly plant

002292 = serial number

Color - T = Candy apple Red

Trans - C = 3 speed manual

Axle - B8J = B8 is rear axle code = 3.50 ratio limited slip. J is front axle code = Dana 30 Limited slip

DSO - 26 = New Orleans

OP
OP
Auggie

Auggie

Reaction score
The numbers on the title are the same as on the glove box.  My question is the numbers on the frame looked to have been "over stamped".  Are you able to make out the numbers on the frame picture?

OH!   And thank you Fyreduck1921........did not have all of that info.  Of course I assumed "T" stood for Tan! :glare:

Last edited by a moderator:

fyreduck1921

Reaction score
Auggie,

I got a better look at the numbers on my desktop. This is what I see

Glove box tag: U15GL02292

Frame: U15GL01228* with the last character being unreadable. From what I read,  that only changes the serial number and not by much, so it would only affect the build date by a few weeks.

Steve

OP
OP
Auggie

Auggie

Reaction score
Hey Steve,

Thanks.....that is what I was seeing also.  The only issue is that every piece of documented paperwork I have is based on the glove box number...title, registration, etc......  How do you decipher the dates?

Bruce

fyreduck1921

Reaction score
Bruce,

Sorry for just getting back to you. Depending on which VIN decoder you use will determine how close they get on your build date. Some only give you the year. Even so, if we are given that VINs 00001-12000 were in a given year and we have a truck who's VIN ends with 06000, it would be safe to assume that truck was made in the middle of that year.

OP
OP
Auggie

Auggie

Reaction score
Thanks!  You are right about the decoders.....but I have been able to determine I do actually have a 77.  Thanks again.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke