venthose? and check engine light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Devil Dog08

Reaction score
hey  y'all hope everyones well . ..while walking  up to back of  my 1995 full size  5.8 bronco I  noticed a hose hanging down under the rear of the truck  on the left side  . upon looking closer I seen one end of the hose is connected to the rear axle housing  between the shock  and the pumpkin and the other end is hanging down . I don't have a clue where the other end connects to.. it looks like the other end may  reach the fuel tank area..but im not seeing  where it may go. .earlier I was saying in a previous comment  when I start my truck  the check engine light is off the after driving  a block or two the CEL will come and stay on till I shut the truck off. . can this hose being disconnected cause my CEL to activate? putting the scanner on showed no codes other then  a bad egr sensor which I replaced...by the way  even when the CEL come on the truck is running perfect.....thanks mike

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo Mike, I suspect it is the 8.8 vent hose, about 5/16th inch inside diameter.

Vent hose slides onto a ****** atop 8.8 tube on drivers side and ends above crossmember where it ends and held in-place by a clip. Some extend it higher and place a small engine fuel filter on it when running through streams,

http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/616470/fullsize/vent-lines-012.jpg

Other line is for brakes

For the cel

Try a Self Test for Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC)s by my pal, BroncoJoe19

http://broncozone.com/topic/14269-code-reader/?pid=74587&mode=threaded

Last edited by a moderator:

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo, upon a good night's sleep, I thought about the cel and the egr sensor replacement, I realized that I did not ask you for the code that led you replace the sensor.

So if you get another or same code, post it here.

Last edited by a moderator:

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Yo, upon a good night's sleep, I thought about the cel and the egr sensor replacement, I realized that I did not ask you for the code that led you replace the sensor.

So if you get another or same code, post it here.
Tinker in your sleep Mike? Reminds me of my dad and I. Work on them all day then dream about them in your sleep and copme up with solutions. hahaha

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Yo Johnny,
Exactly!
Its true. We were working on his International . I was working evening shift . We were stuck on a problem. I came in about 3:00 a.m and dad was sitting at the kitchen . I asked him what,s wrong and he said nothing. I dreamed we were working on that truck and found answer. Then he told me and SURE ENOUGH it was.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke