Transmission swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Millzee

Reaction score
I have an 86 BII with the fm145,which is scattered, I was told the Mazda M50D-R1 will bolt up except maybe some modifications to mounts. Can anyone shed some on hand information on this swap if this is possible?I need details......Thanks for any help on this subject.

CBII

Reaction score
The M5OD will bolt up to your engine. I think the over all length is similar but can't find the numbers to re-enforce that point. If they are the same then it's a pretty straight forward swap.

If not then you have to relocate your trans-cross member and length/shorten your drive shafts accordingly.

You'll need to swap the ***** cylinder as well. the throw-out bearing is prone to failer so before it goes in it's a good time to replace it. You'll want to use the clutch assembly as it bigger, it will all bolt up.

Also you'll want to M5OD out of the 4.0L Explorers and Rangers. They are beefer then the ones mounted behind the 2.9L.

Nothing to serious just little things that can slow you down, but worth it in the long run.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReturnToHangar