Trans fluid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Svlack

Reaction score
Hi. I have a 95 bronco XLT I saw puddles of fluid on the ground. Found the bolts were loose to the transmission pan. Started looking for how much fluid needed to replace.
A web site said 16.2 quarts. Seems a bit much but don't know. Any help? Also dose Ford have a alarm for low/no transmission fluid. I have one going off but don't know why

Skitter302

Staff member
Reaction score
E4OD does hold 16qts of ATF. If you need to top off, bring the transmission up to operating temp,

check the transmission fluid with the engine running in Park or natural

add 1 qt at a time and recheck..

OP
OP
Svlack

Svlack

Reaction score
E4OD does hold 16qts of ATF. If you need to top off, bring the transmission up to operating temp,

check the transmission fluid with the engine running in Park or natural

add 1 qt at a time and recheck..
Thanks just seemed like a lot. The Bronco was kept in really good shape before I got it.
Do you think I have to drain the converter and change the filter? Or is it completely empty if nothin on the dip stick?

OP
OP
Svlack

Svlack

Reaction score
Thanks just seemed like a lot. The Bronco was kept in really good shape before I got it.
Do you think I have to drain the converter and change the filter? Or is it completely empty if nothin on the dip stick?

Skitter302

Staff member
Reaction score

IF you want to properly service the transmission drop the pan, change the filter, drain the TC.

TC is easy since it has 1 ***** you pull and let drain.

In my experience you can only get 10qts of fluid into the transmission before it over flows the dipstick. Start the engnie and then you can fill it with the rest of the fluid.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReturnToHangar