Tire spacers friend or fow haha

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mongo

Reaction score
OK I have seen alot of post about running 33's w/o a lift But had some rubbing,I keeping thinking about ,Wheel spacers ? You know they go behind the tire.They bolt to the nuts and then you use the ones on the spacer for the tire/rim ? Whats the opion here,And would they help if you did a 4 inch lift and put 35's on. Just a wondering

Broncobill78

Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of wheel spacers, especially on a 4x4. I know the sports car guys love to use them with wickedly backspaced rims but I just don't think they're safe. Spacers allow a LOT more stress to be transfered to the wheel studs and they just weren't meant for that. Add to the equation the extra weight of a 33" or larger tire and the pounding it takes off road and I think you're just tempting fate. Now I have NO doubt there's going to be someone who says he's been running them for years and never had a problem, well, more power to him for having rolled the dice so many times & been able to walk away from the table. Keep doing it & the odds will eventually even out. I wouldn't even *consider* it without converting to something like a 3/4" stud and those just won't fit the drum, rotor or rim so it's a moot point & even then I'd be wary of them. The forces involved are astounding when you actually sit down, do the math & see the numbers. Trying to transfer THAT kind of load to a set of 5 wheel studs is just plain crazy in my book.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msgsnprtom