Throttlebody spacer ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Elmo

Reaction score
I hear all kinds of talk about throttlebody spacers for stangs. Is this another trick that only sees benefit in the upper rpms or does it have any benefits for those of us who rarely see above 3-4k rpms ?

Lotus

Reaction score
Rons Beast! What does this means: "Not much if any benefit less than WOT."

Rons beast

Reaction score
Florida..in my mind , sitting on the beach
Hey Lotus,

WOT = Wide Open Throttle.

The spacers are useful only when engines are running at or close to their maxium RPM. The benefit is to make the air more stable and streamlined, so as to be able to enter the cylinder quicker. That would allow more air to rush in the combustion chamber while the intake valve is open.

More air + more fuel= more power.

However at lower rpm the throttle plate/s are not fully open. Therefore any benefit produced by the spacer would be wasted, or useless.

Hope this helped.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

Rons beast

Reaction score
Florida..in my mind , sitting on the beach
Hey M5,

As always you have a wealth of information. However the test on the 460 is on a larger throttle body, not a spacer on the stock unit.

The second link I cannot get to work.

Still, the point is that while a test may show horspower gains, that HP is not gonna be a benefit at 1k to 2k rpm. The normal use of a Bronco.

If you are going to use your truck in a drag race or tractor pull, then it would make sence.

Thanks for the info, and can you reset the second link I would still like to see the info.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo RON,

How's things friend?

True the tests were on a 460; and none addressed the spacer, I should have wrote that this is a general reference for the components tested.

&

I should have made this statement in Bold;

"miesk5 Note, Results are Comparable to Tests in other Ford Engines"

I have to find other HP/Torque Links that I have buried in my site or old MS WORD file notes.

Some were by Ford Racing for 5.0/5.8 in other Ford vehicles, mostly Stangs and Lightnings

Here is one for example;

Engine Performance Tech Tips 1.90 MB pfd

http://www.fordracingparts.com/download/tipsPDF/ProperlySelectingEFIComp.pdf

more @ http://www.fordracingparts.com/download/enginetips.asp

The second link is a pdf file and slow to load on my Comcast cable w/IE8

give it a few sceonds to appear; mine takes up to 20 seconds, despite paying CC for upgraded Blast internet and new modem installed by CC on Sunday after dinner; CC sent us a letter saying that although we have Blast, our Modem was not compatible... yada yada

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JWBronco1996