The big green man fell down

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Elmo

Reaction score
On my way to my brothers the other night a car pulled out in front of me from my right. Unable to avoid him he caught me on the right side causing me to spin and roll. I dont think i can repair this dammage. She may become a trail rig. Just wish there were some trails near me to enjoy .

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo Elmo,

Sorry to hear of this. Hopefully no one was injured!

You are 2nd Bronco owner that was hit hard in past 2-3 days.

GL with using it on a trail soomwhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

Seabronc

Reaction score
Sorry to see that good looking rig all bashed up.  Hope you didn't sustain any serious injuries.  What did the other guy look like?

OP
OP
Elmo

Elmo

Reaction score
He was in a late model Chrysler Seabring minus the front left fender,hood,and bumper. No passengers with me and everyone walked away battered, bruised, and in shock.

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
"Jeese-o-pete.!! "  (as my old girlfriend would say)  What a shame.., classic "T- bone shot"

Insurance will total it. (if you had full coverage)

If the frame is OK.., it could be converted to a fair weather trail rig.

Sorry to see that..!

B

OP
OP
Elmo

Elmo

Reaction score
I talked to the Ins adjuster today and as i expected they consider it to be a total loss, no surprise there. After firmly discussing my view of the situation we had only made it up to a measly $4700 mark. I was arguing for closre to replacement cost since the decision to replace it was not made by myself. I didnt win. After all was said and done we were down to 4000 and i keep the truck. 

Passanger side radius arm has a bad dogleg in it. Something has the engine locked down. Made a loud clunk when i attempted to start it today. After the first try now the starter engages nicely but cant turn the engine. I have not taken the time to see what is stopping it from turning.

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
"Something has the engine locked down. Made a loud clunk when i attempted to start it today. After the first try now the starter engages nicely but cant turn the engine"

Oh-oh.., this is not a good sign......

OP
OP
Elmo

Elmo

Reaction score
All the spark plugs out hopeing to find the engine hydro-locked, starter still would not turn the engine. Pulled the starter off to verify its integrity, its good. Put a socket on the balancer bolt and can turn the engine counter clockwise then encounters a solid stop, turn the engine clockwise 180 degrees and, you guessed it, it stopps solidly. Cant see any where that anything has hit the block or tranny housing and there are no objects protruding from the block anywhere.  My only guess is that something, which i have no guess as to what, is broked inside. This engine was in need of a rebuild and i have been stocking up pieces and parts to build the original 351w from the truck.

I have had a wild thought passing through my head the past few days. I have a 1971 Mustang project, car is complete just has not been run in a few years. I keep envisioning a mustang body on a Bronco chasiss.