Stuck suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NotaVegetarian

Reaction score
Have a 78 Bronco with seized shocks. Will have to get Richard under it to see what else he can find. Man the front is stiff won’t move at all. My back is out, we got T-boned Saturday an they let me out of the hospital yesterday. Looks like 5he trac bar is frozen too. Richard will figure it out.

chrlsful

Reaction score
I hope ppl R not damaged. Equip is another thing.
I think 'froze shock pistons' simply means they R at one or the other (extension/collapse) and have weight on them so as to not flex.

'richard will figure it out'. Do Not start wrenchin on it till insur adjuster has looked at the vehicle. By law must do so w/in just several days after accident, not several wks.

OP
OP
NotaVegetarian

NotaVegetarian

Reaction score
They Tboned my wife’s Highlander, I’m tired of fighting with them insurance folks..

Richard will figure it out. It’s a 78 Bronco duel shock front end. He’s making a list of parts

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Have a 78 Bronco with seized shocks. Will have to get Richard under it to see what else he can find. Man the front is stiff won’t move at all. My back is out, we got T-boned Saturday an they let me out of the hospital yesterday. Looks like 5he trac bar is frozen too. Richard will figure it out.
I hope your feeling better Mike

L\Bronco

Reaction score
Holy smokes! I hope everyone is ok!
Could be just one stuck shock holding the whole thing up. I've had that before!
Good luck with it!
Cheers

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Mike, you might want to check the front shocks---they are different lengths