speedo gear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wtfdissux

Reaction score
after fighting the urge for to long good sense went out the window and I put the 33's back on (the wife likes the ride better at almost 9 months pregnant how she's gonna get in I have no clue)

any way the question is to correct the speedo if my memory is right you need to change the speedo gear or driven gear not sure wich but how do I figure out wich one (what gear color? I think is how they are distinguished ) without getting pulled every day on the way to work like last year when I took them off

Seabronc

Reaction score
I think you can find what you need here. It looks like they have the entire subject well covered.
That is a great source for getting a gear, maybe I missed it, but I don't see any help in determining which gear to get. You can get the speedo driven gear for the C6 from JBG for $10.00 and they also include a formula for calculating which one you need. From Jeff's catalog:

:)>-

Bronco_Speedo_Gear.jpg

OP
OP
W

wtfdissux

Reaction score
great now I gotta wait till my kid gets home from school to do the math...lol

is there any way to determine what gear is stock by tag vin or other known info as I am hoping to get the parts on my way into work so can get it done in a day?

Roadkill

Reaction score
That is a great source for getting a gear, maybe I missed it, but I don't see any help in determining which gear to get. You can get the speedo driven gear for the C6 from JBG for $10.00 and they also include a formula for calculating which one you need. From Jeff's catalog:
There is a "calculator button" on the site but it's kind of hidden among all the other stuff. Your catalog page is much more user friendly. (and the prices are a little better too) I checked JBG first, but I could not find that calculator on thier website.

Seabronc

Reaction score
great now I gotta wait till my kid gets home from school to do the math...lolis there any way to determine what gear is stock by tag vin or other known info as I am hoping to get the parts on my way into work so can get it done in a day?
No, you need to take it out and count the teeth. By the way, you can get them from most Ford dealers also.

OP
OP
W

wtfdissux

Reaction score
ford has them but no where near the price as JBG

was hoping to get a tidbit of info from the dealer today concerning how to id and am waiting for a call back from the parts department gave them the vin axle ratio transmission tag info and a few things from the door jamb sticker since they don't have any of the choices in stock he is trying to find out so he orders the correct one the first time

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReturnToHangar