Some Type Of Jamboree For Us (broncozone) Members.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

walterm

Reaction score
jeep people have them, why can't we? I think a weekend jamboree would be a great way for members to meet face to face and escape from every day life. we all share one thing, broncos. make it open to any broncozone member and maybe some spectators. who knows, maybe this could become some kind of anual event. I'm game for it. we could even have it in verious places. anyone with ideas- place you comments. thank you.

Bradt

Reaction score
I think it's a great idea. We'd need to keep in mind those of us who have pretty much stock Broncos. Most campgrounds will offer great group discounts during their off season.

Would be fun to Find a good 4x4 only trail that we could camp on. There's a few around here that are pretty fun. I'm gonna have to try some out to see if I can make it. The roads aren't too tough for a stock Bronco, but they may be too narrow. They're old moonshining trails, and anyone familiar with moonshine roads knows those things are narrow. The moonshiners would knock off the mirrors and anything that made the truck wider so they could fit in places the cops had trouble getting through.

There's lots of tougher trails around here, and plenty of mud to be found.

Brad

OP
OP
walterm

walterm

Reaction score
people, 21 views, only 2 replys including mine? if no one speaks up this can't go anywhere. don't be scared, it don't bite. if your not intrested in the idea, than just say so. if you do like it, then let us know. otherwise this goes nowhere.

4xfan78

Reaction score
I think that it is a damn good idea. We would have to have them on the east coast as well as the west. Dont think I could afford to drive to Az. or Cali. $-) Need someone to find a good spot for the east coast people, I dont know of any place around Ga. But I am game for just about anywhere in the southeast. :D/

EB Bronco

Reaction score
I'm game. I'm up in Michigan. I know there are some 4x4 trails up near my hunting cabin in Brethren. I've never been on them, but there are several Jeep clubs that run these trails just about year round.

Roger :

OP
OP
walterm

walterm

Reaction score
once we get enough people to like the idea, then we can find everyones location and figure a place to have this. just keep in mind that at first it's going to be small. over time it too will grow. I live in louisiana, in the heart of cajun country. this would be a great place to have such a thing, but thats not fair for everyone else to have to drive here when I live here. If I expect anyone to spend money to drive, then I will too. finding a pace to have this isn't hard. any military base w/ rules would allow us the use of land that they train on. as far as destroying it, ain't no bronco going to be any worse than a humvee or tank. besides, any ruts we make will help them for thier training. I know enough companies that I could maybe get involved with some things like food, drinks, tents, prizes for contests, and/ or sponsership. anything is possable. so come on people lets do this! all you urban assult vehicle owners, show me what ya got!!

OP
OP
walterm

walterm

Reaction score
oh, tell me something. should this be open to broncozone members only, or everyone? and what should be involved?

4xfan78

Reaction score
If you could get permission to go there I would drive there for it. I think that it should be only for members. Unless we do not get enough people to come then I guess it would not really matter. I have been on a few army practice trails in alaska and it was a real blast.

OP
OP
walterm

walterm

Reaction score
I'm former army. getting them to allow us isn't hard. they'll want to set up a tent and try and get some of us to enlist, not to mension they may even bring some things to demonstate for everyone. I know most of the brass at Ft. Benning in ga. so I think I could get us on base to do this. does ga. sound good to anyone or not?

Bradt

Reaction score
Maybe members and guests. I mean if you have a buddy that wants to drive up too, why not? I don't think it should be open to just anyone though. You never know what the cat might drag in if it is.

Brad

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
I like this idea but it would have to be cut in 2-4 places due to travel distance for everyone.

A good bet is:

Sand Lake, OR-Western and Tellico-Eastern like most Bronco clubs do.

There are many places to go but it would be nice to have it on the same day and places as other Boronco events for a good turn out. Plus you get to meet and learn more with all the rigs at these events. We can put sitckers in our windows so we can recognize each other.

Other places I like: Moab, Naches or Rubicon areas.

Yellow 72

Reaction score
I think this would be awesome i was planning on going down to tellico this fall (i live about 3 hours away) but i'm only 17 and i was gonna go with a buddy who is 18 and she wasnt so keen on the idea but if its at an army base or if its a "club" thing than she might be more lenient anyway i think its an awesome idea where ever/ however it is put on.

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Sounds like a fantastic idea to me!!! i do think we should look at other site's agendas and coordinate with them, The more the merrier, and any one site seems to have a hard time getting more than a few folks to attend. I would like to run Moab, UT at least once in my lifetime, but anywhere in the Sotheast is good, too. I prefer the Fall over Spring as when to have it.

OP
OP
walterm

walterm

Reaction score
I know turnout is going to be a problem. we can plan this thing to a tee, and have one or two people show up. tagging along with another club isn't what I had in mind though. maybe to start out this would be okay, but I'd love us to do it alone. as far as where, we'll have to split it up for everyone. as in east coast/ west coast. the bast time to do this is going to be most likely in the summer.(thoose of us with kids understand my reasoning). also it will best on the weekend as in friday evening, saturday, and sunday. I'd like to do it somewhere we can camp out if we wanted to. for thoose of us that are to citified, we can try and keep it close to a hotel for ya. there a few rules people must abide by. you must respect the land as well as others vehicles. sarcastic attitudes are not welcome! it causes fights. remember, this is a family orientated event thats meant to be fun and exciting. we need something for the kids, things are fine.....untill the kids are bored!! I'd love to have it neer a lake of wooded area os people could fisk or hike. although this a truck event, not everything should be about trucks.

OP
OP
walterm

walterm

Reaction score
oh yea, I called a friend at interco (super swamper, boggers, you know-the good stuff.) if and when we do this, he'll get them behind us. skyjacker suspensions is also local to me. I can find out if they want to be involved theres more but I need somekind of help from the rest of the members with contacting theese companies. places like warn, pro-comp tires, and whoever else you think may be intrested. let me know something

Bradt

Reaction score
I care. I think it's a great idea. I think it may be best to split it up some though, and not have it be exactly a rigid set in stone type of thing right away. It might be best to have the first few just be informal local gatherings. The guys on the east coast can get together, the west, midwest, GA, Cali, etc. Maybe even just post when you're going to be out riding somewhere and see if people want to meet up. Once we get to know each other outside the boards I think it will go better. No offense, but i just can't see myself driving halfway accross the country to meet up with some people I really don't know that well who may or may not show up.

Personally I'm pretty well confined to the SE as far as travel though.

Give it time. This site, aside from the boards, has been inaccessible to me all day. I just happened to have a bookmark straight to the boards, otherwise i wouldn't have known they were up.

Brad

Last edited by a moderator:

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Walterm, doesn't Skyjacker or Superlift or someone like them have some events in LA or ARK? I don't remember if they are club or vehicle specific, just saw some coverage on an event or two on a cable channel. Just thinking out loud, but I figured that more folks would show up to an event if it wasn't limited to just Bronco Zone, peresay. I did get your PM, and will be in touch in a day or two when I get home, JSM84

P.S.: I should be in Shrieveport, LA and traveling thru Monroe to Vicksburg, MS later this month. I think SKyJ is in Monroe and can stop by there if open then. There seems to be alot of 4wheeling activity in that Ark/LA/Tx area up there, so might be someplace to have the jamb.

Last edited by a moderator:

4xfan78

Reaction score
Arkansas is not that bad of a drive from GA,Tenn,SC,or NC. If it can be set up I think that all of us southestern people can make that trip.