soft top tonnel top/cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

90windsor

Reaction score
every online site that makes them has gone out of business. i found one that still does but they are wayyyyyyy overrpiced.

i included a picture of something along the lines of what i want.

or someone selling one id buy that also

thanks

334_055_sm.jpg

Broncobill78

Reaction score
This question probably comes up at least twice a month. Searching thru previous posts will likely give you more info than you can use.

Right now you have two choices. Soft-tops.com has the fastback style top & Jeff's Bronco Graveyard has the full convertible. If neither of those appeals to you or is too expensive then you'll have to either look for something local/custom, go without or try to find something used.

http://www.soft-tops.com/index.asp?PageAct...OD&ProdID=2

http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-35601_...ted_windows.htm

Years ago I had a local boat shop make me a fastback style top & they did it for about $200. If you have someone like that nearby and like the simple fastback style then you might want to consider that option. The full convertible is considerably more complex & expensive to fabricate from scratch.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
90windsor

90windsor

Reaction score
im looking for a fastback or like the one in the picture that goes straight down from the cab and all the way back like a tonnul cover in a way.

i want it to go straight down and then all the way back like in these pictures

blaz_bch.jpg

bronc_bch.jpg

lineart_st.gif

Broncobill78

Reaction score
If you want a fastback then follow the link I posted to soft-tops.com. If you want the style that follows the body lines then either A) you're $hit out of luck, or B ) you'll have to have one made locally.

Fortunately that type of cover isn't too complicated so you really shouldn't have any trouble getting one made up, but make no mistake about it you *will* have to find someone to sew it for you since those tops aren't made commercially any longer. You *might* score one thru Ebay or Craigslist but they haven't been around for quite awhile now so finding a used one would sorta be like stumbling across an original Boss 428 at a garage sale. If you have one made I'd try a boat shop or marina first. They do stuff like that a a regular basis and don't seem to charge as much as the auto upholstery guys go.

19Bronco89

Reaction score
I went to skler.com, does anyone know if they're still in buissness, thats the one i am looking for

Broncobill78

Reaction score
No, they're not. For those who haven't read thru or searched the archives here's the deal. If you want a brand new softtop then you have two choices. Either buy a fastback from soft-tops.com or buy the full convertible top from Jeff's Bronco Graveyard. Links to both have already been posted in this thread. That's it, nothing else, no other choices. Nada, zip, zilch. Unless you happen to find a used top on Craigslist, Ebay or thru your Mom's sister's uncle's best friend then nope, you're $hit out of luck. there are TWO companies currently selling brand new soft-tops for the full-size Bronco and that's it. Two. The question of who makes a soft-top is probably THE most asked question here so the archives are brimming with answers.

If neither of the two tops available appeals to you then the next best option will be to ck with a local boat or auto upholstery shop and see about having one made. The fastback style & the type that follows the body contour are fairly easy to fabricate and you shouldn't have too much trouble getting someone local to make you one. A full convertible is another deal entierly and your best bet there will be to bite the bullet and call Jeff's but you can always *check* with someone local and see what they'd want to sew you one from scratch, just remember that you'll also have to fabricate the bars to hold it in place which is why that one is probably best purchased from Jeff's since they've spent the time & $$$ to generate the tooling to make something that works right out of the box.

19Bronco89

Reaction score
every online site that makes them has gone out of business. i found one that still does but they are wayyyyyyy overrpiced.
i included a picture of something along the lines of what i want.

or someone selling one id buy that also

thanks
whats the website that you found that still sells them??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fryman22