Soft Top excitement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tennessee Jed

Reaction score
Hello Bronco brothers and sisters I wanted to share my good news!

I have a STC soft top on the way! I was doing a Craigslist search and there it was in Tampa Florida! Brand new! Never installed!

Ford Bronco Convertible Top - $350

Reply to: [email protected]

Date: 2007-08-06, 12:56PM EDT

Full size soft top

Fits full size Bronco 1980-1996 Black with tinted windows.

Brand new in box STC part#334-010 with mounting instructions.

Paid nearly $700. $350.00 firm

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 390563194

I contacted the guy and he said he had bought the Bronco with the soft top in the box and the guy who sold him the truck said he had this $700 soft top he had never found time to install. As the new owner he felt the Bronco would be way too easy to break into with the top installed. He sent me some photos of the box and opened one end and slid out the parts to show they are there. It has the black vinyl snap top which I understand is easier to keep clean with the tinted windows. Also I have wanted the snap top style anyway since it has that classic boat top look. I hope the deal works out without a hitch.

Man I am excited wish me luck!

Roadkill

Reaction score
That's a great find. Congratulations!
NyXg9optMb.gif

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Congrats! Goo deal...seen them on special for a limied time 2 years ago by www.4wheelcustoms.com

at $524.36; so it is a great deal you made!

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Great find, those tops are still out there if you look hard and long enough!!! JSM84

OP
OP
Tennessee Jed

Tennessee Jed

Reaction score
The tracking number on UPS says it will be here Wednesday! I can't wait...dying to see it and get it installed. I will send photos asap!

As a matter of fact I can't find any photos of the soft top of this snap style in vinyl with tinted windows anywhere on the web.

OP
OP
Tennessee Jed

Tennessee Jed

Reaction score
Tracking number says it is in my city! I called to ask if I could pick it up at the UPS, they said it had to be attempted by the driver before I could.

The guy who sold it to me said he has had many offers since we made the deal and he is regretting he let it go so cheap. Man I am glad I moved on it the hour I saw it. I did send him money for a pig in a poke so I am still nervous until I get it in my grubby little hands.

OP
OP
Tennessee Jed

Tennessee Jed

Reaction score
IT'S HERE!!!!! It IS freaking brand new, it has not ever been unfolded, still has the paper protecting the windows. I am as happy as a kid at Christmas!

Now I need to find a good place to store my hard top.

Tophere.jpg

Tophere2.jpg

wileec

Reaction score
Congrats. That is a SWEEEET find. I would concider buying a second one if I found it for that price.

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
IT'S HERE!!!!! It IS freaking brand new, it has not ever been unfolded, still has the paper protecting the windows. I am as happy as a kid at Christmas!
Now I need to find a good place to store my hard top.
You must install it, or moths will eat away the vinyl (j/k). Looking forward to pics of when you do get to put the new softtop on the Bronco. You might never want to use the hardtop again like me, JSM84

OP
OP
Tennessee Jed

Tennessee Jed

Reaction score
I am really looking forward to strapping that thing on my Bronco. I went to Pull-A-Part (junkyard) and found a donor hard top to cut the rim off of to use for the snaps ($50). I want to build it on an original hard top frame that I can bolt on like my hard top and leave it erect during the winter. Also I am going to try and use the factory interior trim from the donor top so it has a nice finished look on the inside.

My1994BroncoXLT.jpg

Thanks so much guys for the well wishing!

boss

Reaction score
I am really looking forward to strapping that thing on my Bronco. I went to Pull-A-Part (junkyard) and found a donor hard top to cut the rim off of to use for the snaps ($50). I want to build it on an original hard top frame that I can bolt on like my hard top and leave it erect during the winter. Also I am going to try and use the factory interior trim from the donor top so it has a nice finished look on the inside.
View attachment 4991

Thanks so much guys for the well wishing!

OH its the kayliner top. Yeah I had one of those. I thought it was the new fast track top.

bidibronco

Reaction score
I think the best thing you could do is ship it to me, let me test fit it on MY Bronco and if there is any flaws I'll inform you of them and I'll keep it on MY truck for, oh I don't know, ever? HAHA I wish I had one SOOOO BAD!!! My son LOVES riding in his booster seat with the top off, that way he can look at all the little girls.... Enjoy you lucky SOB!!!!

OP
OP
Tennessee Jed

Tennessee Jed

Reaction score
I got my donor top today at Pick-A-Part junkyard for $50. Started cutting it down. I got the inside side trip pieces and all rubber and clips for the price. Enjoy the shots!

donorTOP.JPG

removeGlass.JPG

washTOP.JPG

firstCUT.JPG

cutBEAM.JPG

fitSOFTtop.JPG

alignEDGEsnap.JPG

DSCI0017.JPG

OP
OP
Tennessee Jed

Tennessee Jed

Reaction score
I have been working ******* my soft top with a fiberglass hard top ring for using the interior trim. Here are more photos of the progress.

DSCI0017.JPG

DSCI0019.JPG

DSCI0021.JPG

DSCI0022.JPG

DSCI0020.JPG

DSCI0024.JPG

DSCI0025.JPG

DSCI0026.JPG

wileec

Reaction score
Looking real nice I can not wait to see the pics of it on the truck. Can not believe that you have not at least set it there to see

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fryman22