Soft top and windows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Elmo

Reaction score
finally got finished with one major project that i have been wanting to do. I got my soft top and soft windows made and installed. Probably not exactly what most think of when they read "soft top and windows" . These are a creation from my own imagination. Only takes me about 30 seconds to remove the pair of windows and maybe 60 seconds to carefully remove the top. All of it goes back in in about 2 mins did it in the rain the other day. Yea i was wet but it happens. so far lovein the ability to remove any piece, roll it up and put it in the back, and be able to put it all back on if the Georgia summer weather changes its mind. let me know what you all think.

IMG_20130517_152636_473.jpg

IMG_20130517_152740_734.jpg

IMG_20130517_160719_267.jpg

IMG_20130517_152702_294.jpg

IMG_20130517_161334_487.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

j-rod

Reaction score
I love it! I'm in the process of making my soft top too, not like yours though just a regular one. I really like your idea though and I would do it if it weren't for the fact that you can't really lock it up securely, I take my bronco tailgating for football games so I put the hard top back on so I can lock it.

Did you do the work yourself? What's the little rail for on top in the front, to keep the wind from blowing it off?

OP
OP
Elmo

Elmo

Reaction score
I had my uncle who ownes an upholstery shop do the soft work, I cut the top out and sanded the edges. The rail across the front is alluminum it has a semi hard plastic piece that is sewed into the forward edge of the top. This allows for a secure attatchment i hear its alot like the way soft tops attatch on jeeps. The snaps that were used at first didnt work out to well. They were very difficult to snap so i had them replaced with velcro. With the fuzzy side of the velcro sewn to the window and the rough side glued to the top. One problem with the velcro is i cant seem to get the side glued to the top to stay. Every time i remove the window the rough side wants to come off the top. Also its not quite as water repellant as i wished for. Im thinking its allowing water to enter where the velcro is not bonded to the top and at the ends of the strips like at the corners. Its a work in progress addressing little issues as they come up.

All in all im happy with it. Yes security is compromised with this setup.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msgsnprtom