slight misfires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Bronco58

Reaction score
89 bronco, EFI 306 , when i first start driving in the morning the truck misses a bit here and there, almost like in 3 second intervals, once its good and warmed up, the misfires get smaller and softer, and evevtually there is none at all, the plugs and wires are good, the cap and rotor are MSD and were replaced a few weeks ago to try and help this problem, but did nothing, i have replaced the coil, all the fuel injection is working properly, the thing runs perfect except for every 20 seconds or so i get a misfire or two....coolant temp sensor?

OP
OP
89Bronco58

89Bronco58

Reaction score
no the motor is still new, less than 10k on it and the plugs were put in then and have been fine since the motor was first started, and id think that might be it, but its only once in a while and stops eventually once i have drove for a half hour or so, so im not thinking thats it

firelt90bronco

Ask me about my job
Reaction score
I just fix a problem like this on mine. I replaced the ECT and it helped alittle, but I turned the distributor counter clockwise to lean it out alittle and its definately better.

OP
OP
89Bronco58

89Bronco58

Reaction score
it was set with it disconnected, the timing has been the same for a long long time, this problem just started outta nowhere, i know it isnt the timing

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danno