Skyler soft top

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

paul rondelli

Reaction score
Kind of like looking for the sliding rear windows for our Broncos. They do exist … they are not produced anymore … and why has supply not increased for demand? Your options for new are softtopper and Jeffs Bronco graveyard.

I have always thought that the after market for Bronco soft tops is a little too expensive. 800 bucks for the same amount of material as a two man tent seems a little high.

I have coveted the Skylar fast back style for over 10 years. I actually found one for sale in Maine about three years ago. I really wanted to buy it and make a template … but 600 bucks for a used soft top is a little steep for me.

With all the tinkerers we have that own Broncos … you would think some sailcloth and PVC pipe could be fabbed up for a couple hundred bucks.

OP
OP
C

Corey Berthelot

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I agree with you but I'm at the point where I am willing to pay for the fast back style top to achieve the look. Thanks again for the response. Corey

paul rondelli

Reaction score
If you don't mind drilling some snaps this is an option. Custom work from a fellow Bronco Tinkerer.

media-jpg.jpg

paul rondelli

Reaction score
he custom built that one. The only downside is you have to drill holes for all those snaps.... then go a upholstery shop for the sewing. Just take the photo to a car upholstery shop and see what they say … they make covertable tops they can make that one.

townie65

Reaction score
Thanks again for your help.
Here is my solution using softtopper. I needed seat belt connection so roll gage was needed. My fabricator also made the interior trim pieces to hide all the sharp edges and mounting holes.

Attachments

• IMG_3578.jpg
    IMG_3578.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3581.jpg
    IMG_3581.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3629.jpg
    IMG_3629.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3626.jpg
    IMG_3626.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20210308_094549479_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210308_094549479_HDR.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 11

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo Corey,
Perhaps you or a boat shop can fab one up, such as this
Tonneau Fabrication & Installation in a 93
tonneauside-1.jpg
by bradcarla624 @ another tonneau cover idea
One pic for example
View attachment 178371

see Cargo Area Tonneau Fabrication & Installation in a 96 by member FNTZMA @ Tonneau Cover

Ford Bronco Custom Tonneau for 1980 - 1996 models
BRONCO.jpeg by http://www.aro2000.com/bronco.htm
(formerly manufactured for and sold through Soft-Tops.com from 1999-20
Sailcloth vinyl, dielectrically sealed seams and window. Pre-mounted snaps and easy to understand installation instructions. Available in a wide variety of Haartz vinyls and Haartz Stayfast cloth colors. Standard models have (1) AS6 DOT 40 gauge automotive grade clear vinyl window on the center deck as shown.

STANDARD - REQUIRES INSTALLING SNAPS IN BODY (as shown installed below)

●○●
Tonneau Cargo Area Fabrication & Installation pics in a 96 by FNTZMA (Dead reckoning)
@ http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=148610

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Corey Berthelot

Reaction score
Here is my solution using softtopper. I needed seat belt connection so roll gage was needed. My fabricator also made the interior trim pieces to hide all the sharp edges and mounting holes.
That looks really nice. Thanks again for the ideas.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo