Side Mirror glass for 96 Eddie Bauer Bronco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

51504broncos

Reaction score
Good Morning,

So I am driving into work on the freeway this morning minding my own business when all of a sudden the glass piece on my drivers side mirror decides to grow wings and fly away. @-)  My question is this...Is there anywhere I can get just the glass piece for the side mirror or will I have to pony up for the whole mirror assembly? My Bronco is a 1996 Eddie Bauer Bronco with the 5.8L engine. The side mirrors have the LED light that illuminates behind the glass when you turn your turn signal on. Thanks in advance for any help you guys can offer. 

Bryan Black

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo BRYAN,

Those Flag Mount Turn Signal mirrors are VERY SCARCE; most yard units are delaminated, which is a common fault

Turn Signal, Flag-Mount Replacement & Source in a 96
Source: by bossind (boss, Steve) at

The mirror on the drivers door meet an unfortunate fate, finding a replacement proved challenging. My 96 Eddie Bauer Bronco comes with what they call signal light mirrors, a cluster of LEDS behind the mirror form an arrow. What’s interesting is the mirror has a laminated optic over the LEDS so the driver does not see the LEDS when illuminated, but is visible from the side and back of the bronco. I soon found out these were discontinued from ford and no one made an aftermarket replacement with the built in signal light.

It wasn’t so much the coolness of the signal light as it was the uniqueness to my bronco that I wanted to preserve – only 96 Broncos had this option.
After much searching I found a site http://car-part.com/ and after searching for a drivers side mirror with signal it came up with a few sites and on in particular Alpha Automotive, Inc. Reporting they had a new one in stock. I emailed for more information and gentleman named Wade replied back confirming he had what I needed, I called to close the transaction and found out not only did he have one but 38 in stock!
Special Thanks to Wade at Alpha Automotive, Inc.
3980 Velp Avenue
Green Bay, WI, 54313
Phone: 1-920-434-0772 or 1-800-317-1270
Fax: 1-920-434-0884
They have an e bay site, but  I did a quick search and found none listed; so call them

http://www.ebay.com/usr/alphaautomotive

check @ a full service yard that uses ADP Hollander 

on-line used parts source using Hollander is; MyPartShop.com - Used Car Part Search from Hollander a Solera Company

BUT no Hits;

No matches found for "Side View Mirror > Left Power, signal flash, black, L."
and most are delaminated....

GL!

Mirror Outside Rearview, Signal Disassembly, Removal & Parts Break-Out DiagramFROM

1996 F-150, F-250, F-350 and Bronco Workshop Manual
http://www.diesel-dave.com/vehic/manual/stj/stjs190l.htm

Billy_Bronco

Reaction score
I too am looking for replacement glass or a new RH side mirror with signal.  I have an email out to the suggested Alpha Automotive.

Please let me know if anyone runs across a RH side mirror with signal.

Hey...anyone want to start up a company that makes hard to find replacement glass for 1996 Bronco side mirrors with signals ; )

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo