She's Just Not Happy!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RR-Texas

Reaction score
So how is life in Bronco land?

First my speedo/mileage did this, not avail through any vendor I've found and you can't see the numbers this good now, just did tune up and replaced the EGR valve again as she started dying again when you let off. That's ok but idle is crazy now, haven't checked the code yet (fighting the flood waters last Friday, not too bad but inside) then yesterday on the way in, I hear this odd noise around the pass door, but it stopped when I stooped the truck the first time? Then it started again and the locks started going up and down so the ps switch/motor is sorted out?

Gonna pick up the TPS and ICR today on the way home if they are both sealed and can be returned since I haven't checked the codes, but have a 2 day music event to photograph this weekend. Oh and the radio is down to one speaker, 2 teeth still missing from rear ring gear, but its my daily driver! Ford Quality, takes a beaten and keeps on going!

image.jpg

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo,

Nice day though, huh?

Let's begin with the lock...

96 Bronco-F-Series Workshop Manual (PARTIAL) by FORD via

http://www.diesel-dave.com/vehic/manual/stj/stjleft.htm

Same as most earlier years especially 92-96, except for: OBD II in 96; 4WABS (93-96); RABS (87-92); Air Bag (94-96); 3 ***** Automatic Locking Hubs (Built from May 95 through 96); Spark Plug Wire Routing & Firing Order (The firing order for 1987-1993 5.0Ls is 1-5-4-2-6-3-7-8. The firing order for 1994- 96 5.0Ls & all 5.8Ls is 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8.);

2-piece Spindle Rolling Diaphragm Seal (RDS) used on 5/95 to 96 Broncos & F Series 1/2-ton 4WD;

and a few other items that I still need to research such as Mass Air Flow in 95 5.8 California models and in all 96s, other years used Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor (MAP).

Group 01: BODY

Section 01-14A:

Handles, Locks, Latches and Mechanisms

See wiring diagram.

Operation "...The door lock circuit is a common (Ford) polarity-reversing circuit with 2 switches. The switches share the power feed from the battery (always hot). The left (driver's) switch normally holds both motor wires to ground, and the right (passenger's) switch normally holds the motor wires to the left switch wires. When either is operated, it sends one of the wires hot, powering the motors. When operated the other way, the polarity is reversed, reversing the motors' direction. Neither switch is a "master" because neither will work if the other is in the opposite position. Note that the driver's lock motor is not connected to the driver's lock switch..."

Ground is in drivers kick panel.

Test, Switch, Door Lock

http://www.diesel-dave.com/vehic/manual/stj/stj1ea07.htm#extract_246

Have a great shoot!

OP
OP
RR-Texas

RR-Texas

Reaction score
Thanks for the info as always, been dealing with more rain and flooding and no internet all day yesterday.

Gonna have to fix the wipers that failed yesterday in the storm first and she's still dying. Unplugged the IAC and that did not seem to have any effect, gonna try and run the codes this morning. Both attempts to go to the parts store yesterday were met with heavy rain and closed roads.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo,

Be safe out there.

The manual has the wiper testing under body,

http://www.diesel-dave.com/vehic/manual/stj/stjs1g0l.htm

Section 01-16: Wiper and Washer Systems

DIAGNOSIS AND TESTING

Symptom Chart — Wiper And Washer Systems

NOTE: Use Rotunda Digital Volt-Ohmmeter 014-00407 or equivalent to perform electrical pinpoint tests.

Windshield Wipers Inoperative — All Control Switch Positions

Blown fuse.

Windshield wiper motor.

Multi-function switch.

Bent or damaged windshield wiper motor linkage.

Wiper control module.

Open wire or connector.

GO to Pinpoint Test B.

http://www.diesel-dave.com/vehic/manual/stj/stj1g007.htm#b

GL!

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo,

Here is the same test in different format...

wipermotortesting.jpg

W- Lo

DB/O - Hi

Y/R - Ground (motor)

Bk - Ground (park)

Bk/Pk - Position

DG - Power (par

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads