rim backspacing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

Cmprice

Reaction score
For what rims, stock or aftermarket? I'm running 15x10s and they have 6 front and 4 back. I'll check my stockers and let you know what they are.
i just bought new rims 15x8 with 3.75 backspacing....are they gonna like stick out or be way up in there? and what is the norm

Mike @ Tracy

Reaction score
They should be just about flush with the lip of the fender, My 10s stick out about an inch, Look in my gallery there is a pic of the front corner of my truck that shows how far out my tens hang out. I am pretty sure they have the 3.75 or 4 backspacing. Its bee awhile since I've had then off.

Same pic as my avatar at left.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
C

Cmprice

Reaction score
They should be just about flush with the lip of the fender, My 10s stick out about an inch, Look in my gallery there is a pic of the front corner of my truck that shows how far out my tens hang out. I am pretty sure they have the 3.75 or 4 backspacing. Its bee awhile since I've had then off.Same pic as my avatar at left.
cool i have 36x 12.5 swampers

Mike @ Tracy

Reaction score
cool i have 36x 12.5 swampers
You're putting the swampers on 15x8s. My Thornbirds said on the sidewall that they required a 10" rim minimum. I'm just asking if its safe??? My thornnys were 33x12.5.... I'd like to :-B :-B a pic when you get them on. What kind of swampers did you get?? I really miss my Thornbirds. God they sounded good!!!!!!!

Yardape

Reaction score
You are the first person I have ever seen say that said they miss their Thornbirds. Aside from looking different and sounding cool, what are they good for? Not once have I heard someone say a positive thing about them

OP
OP
C

Cmprice

Reaction score
You are the first person I have ever seen say that said they miss their Thornbirds. Aside from looking different and sounding cool, what are they good for? Not once have I heard someone say a positive thing about them

theyre 36 in TSL's and on the side it said specified rim size 15x 8...

Yardape

Reaction score
36 inch TSL's look awesome on a Bronco, you will love them. I don't think you will be happy with the way the 8 inch rim looks with them, will be tolerable but will look like the rim is suffocating the tire.

Mike @ Tracy

Reaction score
I cant speak for anyone else, But yeah I miss them, They preform well on the street and never let me down in the sand or mud. I considered them an A/T on steroids. They actually hold up to use on a daily driver and clean rather well when you're bumper deep in the coastal marshes where I used to go play. I will be honest................I did love the way they sounded :-& #036; As for the rim width I was just curious as to what the Mfg. suggested for that specific tire. After all arent thornys and swampers both made by TSL/INTERCO? Was'nt trying to upset or offend anyone was just wondering why they would recomend 8s for one 12.5 when the same Mfg recomends 10s for one of thier other 12.5s :)>-

79highrider

Reaction score
I cant speak for anyone else, But yeah I miss them, They preform well on the street and never let me down in the sand or mud. I considered them an A/T on steroids. They actually hold up to use on a daily driver and clean rather well when you're bumper deep in the coastal marshes where I used to go play. I will be honest................I did love the way they sounded :-& #036; As for the rim width I was just curious as to what the Mfg. suggested for that specific tire. After all arent thornys and swampers both made by TSL/INTERCO? Was'nt trying to upset or offend anyone was just wondering why they would recomend 8s for one 12.5 when the same Mfg recomends 10s for one of thier other 12.5s :)>-
I have the ultimate 35" **** Cepek Mud Country, if you read Petersons thier most recent issue tested them. Anyway I have 2 sets of rims, 15x10's and 15x8's My local 4x4 parts store said I could put them on either rim without problems(his words not mine) but I put them on the 10's and glad I did, for one better for tires with thick side walls, and two they look better

Now a question for you Interco swamper guys? I see alot of Tsls out there how good are the SSR radials?

Mike @ Tracy

Reaction score
A friend of mine had swampers on his K-5 blazer, It was his DD and after about six months It looked like big rats had taken bites out of the lugs. Other than that I couldnt say I have never ran a set. I like the way they look but I would keep them for playing on the weekends.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReturnToHangar