RECALL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rebelskate

Reaction score
here are the pics of the recall that my ford dealer did.  it consited of a new brakemaster cylinder pressure sensor and a inline harness.  this is the permiant fix from them :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.  this was done under the recall notice that i received and was no charge to me.
30912[/snapback]

So they changed the sensor and added the new end for the wiring, there not just putting an in line fuse like the dealership up here said. Thanks for the info, that looks like they did address the real problem.

sidechop

Reaction score
anybody have the recall information from ford....concerning the faulty cruise control switch? ....
26879[/snapback]

There is an o ring that wears down off the master cylinder where the cruise control plugs in. Brake fluid can seep into the plug causing a fire beacause of the heat. Just unplug it and tape it off. replacement parts available in February last I heard.

Crankin

Reaction score
Do a search in The 80-96 Bronco tech support Forum. I believe the topic title is "Please Pass This On" or do a search with my user name "Crankin" all the info you need is in there! Good Luck! I just got mine fixed by Ford :)>-

Crankin

Reaction score
I found it, here it is!

dork.gif I just read in Petersons 4wheel and off road magazine Jan 2006,

Ford has launched a massive recall of some 3.8 million 94-96 Broncos, 94-02 F150's 97-02 Expeditions, 98-02 Navigators equiped with factory installed cruise control. Ford wants to correct a "systems interaction" - corrosion, caused by by leaking brake fluid, can raise current flow through the cruise control system & cause the deactivation switch to over heat, which could lead to an under hood fire. Ford will install a fused wiring harnessbetween the cruise control mechanism to act as a circuit breaker, eliminating the electrical current to switch in the rare event of increased current flow. As of this writing (in early September) , Ford was in the process of aquiring enough fused wiring harnesses to make the millions of necessary repairs. If you own one of the affected vehicles, Ford recommends you take it to your nearest Ford dealer. If a fix can't be done right away, the dealer will deactivate the cruise control until the parts are in. peace.gif

seawalkersee

Reaction score
At the beginning of this year, I got to work and they called my buddie on the phone and told him to get to the parking lot ASAP. We thought someone was out there beating his pickup. I ran out there with him and the fargin thing was on fire. You could see right where the fire started and we figured out very quickly what happened. His pickup was a light duty F=250 and they (Ford) said that his vehicle was covered. THEN when he told them it had caught fire, they waffled a bit and said the light duty pickups were not covered. His insurance is dealing with it now but just imagine the headaches.

Chris

kturner

Reaction score
i just bought a 95 bronco. i didn't know anything about the recall when i bought it, and it doesn't look like it was done before either. can i still get it fixed by ford?

Crankin

Reaction score
Do a search in The 80-96 Bronco tech support Forum. I believe the topic title is "Please Pass This On" or do a search with my user name "Crankin" all the info you need is in there! Good Luck! I just got mine fixed by Ford peace.gif

stusainte

Reaction score
Recall Broncs I had mine done last summer at the dealer the have to put a new cruise control switch in took them about two months to get the part and install just unplug the speed control under the hood next to the master cylder hope that helps Ford sends out notices to you by mail to set up appt. with your local dealer 95 bronco

jeff_macon

Reaction score
just check out the ford website and it lists all the past recalls and what vehicles they concern..i need to check that myself

reyns4x4

Reaction score
yes its true call you ford dealer to set it up it take about 15 min to do. I had it done on my 1996 bronc

Crankin

Reaction score
Ford has launched a massive recall of some 3.8 million 94-96 Broncos, 94-02 F150's 97-02 Expeditions, 98-02 Navigators equiped with factory installed cruise control.

Better hurry though, I heard the recall only lasts so long. Then its up to you to pay for the part and the installation. :-B

Last edited by a moderator:

reyns4x4

Reaction score
call up your loco ford dealership thay should tell you all the info on the recall.

Rob C

Reaction score
http://www.ford.com/en/vehicles/owners/recalls/default.htm

Go to this link and enter your VIN. It will kick out the following if your vehicle is part of the recall.

Recalls Results

Be advised that this system tracks safety and emission recalls for which vehicles are subject to repair in the United States. For more information on Ford Motor Company recalls or concerns you may be having with your vehicle, please contact your dealership directly.

Below you will find information regarding your affected vehicle.

Recalls Listed

1993 FORD BRONCO CUSTOM 1FMEU15N6XXXXXXXXX

05S28 PERFORM PRIOR TO VEHICLE DELIVERY: SPEED CONTROL SYSTEM MODIFICATION

Locate a Ford dealer in your area to schedule a repair appointment or to obtain detailed part information, depending on the nature of the recall.

Contact a Ford customer service representative with any other questions you may have.

What Should I Do Next?

wtfdissux

Reaction score
the quick method (15 min) is the temp version as in cut harness and put inline fuse and is supposed to help until the correct parts come in also if you go to your local parts store you cant get the parts either when you need to make repairs for other reasons so might want to get an extra if supplies and cost allow it

stusainte

Reaction score
WOW There is still a recall had mine done last year maybe I was on the top of the mailing list LOL my dealer was really good did a whole inspection on my Bronc while they were installing the new switch checked all my fluids anthings of that nature

Dacy

Reaction score
I had mine done in my 94, and a couple months later all electric in my steering wheel shorted (cruise, horn, and airbags). Anyone else have this problem, or did my dealer do a garbage job?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke