Rear window dash switch replaced; still not working?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thgibbs1

Reaction score
Hey guys. I’ve got an 89’ bronco, just replaced the motor for the rear window. Works great now from the key switch but my panel switch isn’t working. I purchased a new one from Jeff’s bronco graveyard and installed it but still isn’t working. Checked fuses #12 and 14 and both fuses seem fine (I can still use key with fuses swapped). Can’t seem to figure out wth the problem is. Any ideas? Thanks ahead of time!

Hayden

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo Hayden,
WELCOME!
See these switch tests by Steve:
tgmotorwiring.jpg
All '80-96 t/g wiring runs from the dash switch (F2TZ-14529-A Motorcraft SW7071 out the firewall along the frame to the rear bumper up to the L taillight and into the t/g. '80-86 have a large round 3-wire connector in the LHR taillight well; those with rear defrost also have a 1-wire connector. All years with rear defrost have a ground ring screwed to the body in the taillight well. I think '87-91 have the large round connector in front of the taillight AND a smaller round 4-wire connector inside the frame at the LHR body mount. '92-96 only have the frame connector.

Normal operation is as follows:

RAISE from the dash switch:
Power flows thru fuse 14 thru the LB/BK wire thru the IP switch UP contacts thru the P/LG wire thru the key switch UP contacts thru the Y/R wire to the motor brushes, commutator, & windings; then it grounds thru the motor's internal CB, out thru the R/Y wire thru the latch switch thru the T/Bk wire thru the key switch DOWN contacts thru the Pk/LB wire thru the IP switch DOWN contacts to the Bk wire to the ground G201 in driver kick panel.

LOWER from the dash switch:
Power flows thru fuse 14 thru the LB/BK wire thru the IP switch DOWN contacts thru the Pk/LB wire thru the key switch DOWN contacts thru the T/Bk wire thru the latch switch thru the R/Y wire thru the motor's internal CB to the motor brushes, commutator, & windings; then it grounds out thru the Y/R wire thru the key switch UP contacts thru the P/LG wire thru the IP switch UP contacts to the Bk wire to ground G201 in driver kick panel.
Al

Attachments

• tgmotorwiring.jpg
    tgmotorwiring.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members