Rear window 95 Bronco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KOBA

Reaction score
I recently removed the window, lifting mechanism, and motor to do some body work on the tailgate and replace the bearings in the window motor. I got everything done and put back together. I tested the operation, no problems. Installed the window and ran it up and down a few times. No problem. Came back a few minutes later to wrap it up and now the window won’t move. I’ve got power at the outbound side of the plug, but it doesn’t even try and to move. What am I missing?

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Motor go out? Did you mean there is power to the window motor or to the switch?

I recently removed the window, lifting mechanism, and motor to do some body work on the tailgate and replace the bearings in the window motor. I got everything done and put back together. I tested the operation, no problems. Installed the window and ran it up and down a few times. No problem. Came back a few minutes later to wrap it up and now the window won’t move. I’ve got power at the outbound side of the plug, but it doesn’t even try and to move. What am I missing?

Fessjm

Reaction score
The inside of motor has 3 plastic bearings that can deform or get shredded

Richard Clasby

Reaction score
That happened to me and I slammed the tailgate shut and that fixed it. Probably a sensor was not sensing...

jimko

Reaction score
Something to try, I found this had been done on my 92 Bronco. They put a jumper wire in the plug for the latch sensor, this takes the latch out of the loop so you can raise and lower the window when the gate is down without having to mess with closing the latches. My window also worked intermittently, I found a wire with damaged insulation next to the motor plug which I eliminated due to getting a new plug pigtail with the new motor. Lastly I replaced the dash window switch and all is working well now. I am by no means a wiring guru but it was satisfying to get it working.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke