Rear Tire Carrier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bronco0015

Reaction score
1996 Bronco looking for a rear tire carrier ANYWHERE.... Are there any other locations that might carry this? I've looked everywhere!

L\Bronco

Reaction score
Hi Bronco0015, welcome to Bronco Zone. The swing out tire carriers are around. If you do a quick search on EBay, there are 2 on there right now. (Pretty pricey though)
I would suggest that you also try local auto recyclers in your area. (I'm pretty sure that used is your only option.)
Good luck
Cheers

Squirrelzipper9

Reaction score
Hi Bronco0015, welcome to Bronco Zone. The swing out tire carriers are around. If you do a quick search on EBay, there are 2 on there right now. (Pretty pricey though)
I would suggest that you also try local auto recyclers in your area. (I'm pretty sure that used is your only option.)
Good luck
Cheers
Where are you located. I just took my tire swing off my 1990

chrlsful

Reaction score
prt of older car ownership is a handy & long list of supplires, vendors, the 2 or 3 nat junk yrd sites, and partnership w/folks like us here (sites, 'clubs;). Never get stranded dat way !

chrlsful

Reaction score
"... supplires, vendors, the 2 or 3 nat junk yrd sites..."
let us know of any needs. I've even got some stuff to folks in GB & Oz.
Rec stuff from over 3k mi into canada. Most the top of my motor (above the head) came from SK or MB (so far away it's all the same 2 me), o0OPPps🤐

DBStoots

Reaction score
Related to OP, anyone have any insight/instructions?advice about removing and restoring the rear tire carrier? I'm considering doing so and having it powder coated.

L\Bronco

Reaction score
The bolts are usually rusty, take out the RH tail light and spray them with deep Creep penetrating fluid for a couple days before you try, Use a 6 point socket and work them back and forth. If they move, keep spraying and working each bolt back and forth bit, by bit. Patience will pay off here. The bolts are hard to find, and if they break, you get to learn how straight you can drill.
Good luck
Cheers

goffprof

Reaction score
Don't have it all back together yet because of my hand, but I think it turned out really nice.

View attachment 29974

View attachment 29973

View attachment 29972

View attachment 29971
Nice rebuild of the tire carrier. I sanded and repainted my ‘96 EB Bronco carrier in place. Tried to remove the corner bracket bolts but one broke so decided in place rehab worked for now. I keep all of the moving parts lubed with silicone spray. Going to sell my Bronco this year as retirement approaches.

DBStoots

Reaction score
Nice rebuild of the tire carrier. I sanded and repainted my ‘96 EB Bronco carrier in place. Tried to remove the corner bracket bolts but one broke so decided in place rehab worked for now. I keep all of the moving parts lubed with silicone spray. Going to sell my Bronco this year as retirement approaches.

Curious whether you had any issues getting your carrier to latch securely after your refurbishment? Did you replace the latch springs and/or latch striker sleeve? I can't get mine to latch securely.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fryman22