rear shock troubles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Bronco58

Reaction score
i was swapping out my rear shocks, and the upper mount bolts/studs snapped off on both sides, so now i have this little stub there, with no threads or a way to hold the shock on, this ever happen to anyone else or does anyone know a cheap trick to fix this.?

bidibronco

Reaction score
Use more PB blaster next time? HAHA.... Can't you fab something up that would be stronger and can handle the abuse you put your bronco threw?

OP
OP
89Bronco58

89Bronco58

Reaction score
i know i could weld something up, but i didnt really have the time yesterday so i grinded the old mounts off, and grinded the rivets and studs off also, now i have a clean mount, im going to drill holes and run a bolt for the shocks with a sleeve to make sure they fit tight, and mount them back onto the frame for now

OP
OP
89Bronco58

89Bronco58

Reaction score
little mom and pop autoparts store ended up having universal shouck mounts, just had to drill and bolt them onto the existing hangars that went to the frame, worked like a charm, not bad for 15 bucks

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo