Radiator Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fyreduck1921

Reaction score
Bronco Experts,
I have a leaking radiator on my 93 Eddie Bauer (Stock 351W/5.8L, E4OD, 3.55 gears, 31 inch tires). I have searched the forums for information on radiators and have think I have a handle on things, but I want to be sure. I believe that I have the factory heavy duty cooling package. My radiator measures 2-1/4" in thickness and my transmission cooling lines run into the radiator as well as an auxiliary cooler in front of the radiator. I would like to upgrade to a better radiator than OEM replacement, if I can do so with minimal modifications. I am leaning towards the Advance Auto / CarQuest P/N 432183 so far. Any input is appreciated.
Thanks,
Steve

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo fyreduck1921,
Due to the aux trans cooler, you have the super duper trailer towing package option with super engine cooling, front and rear stabilizer bars, 5.8, tailer tiw harness, quad fron shocks, etc.
See info in 1993 Bronco Dealer Brochure in Google Drive @ 93Bronco.pdf
Excerpt;

20200111_142844.jpg
Screenshot_20200111-140707.jpg

BentSpurs

Reaction score
Yo fyreduck1921,
Due to the aux trans cooler, you have the super duper trailer towing package option with super engine cooling, front and rear stabilizer bars, 5.8, tailer tiw harness, quad fron shocks, etc.
See info in 1993 Bronco Dealer Brochure in Google Drive @ 93Bronco.pdf
Excerpt;

View attachment 21406
View attachment 21407
Hey Miesk5!
Our '96 has the Super Engine Cooling. The fan shroud is damaged and needs replacement. Is there a different shroud for those so equipped? All I can find is one part # for "one-row core radiators" #FO3110121 later changed to F4TA-8146-CC.
Thanks very much!
BentSpurs

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Hey Miesk5!
Our '96 has the Super Engine Cooling. The fan shroud is damaged and needs replacement. Is there a different shroud for those so equipped? All I can find is one part # for "one-row core radiators" #FO3110121 later changed to F4TA-8146-CC.
Thanks very much!
BentSpurs
Try Bronco parts garage--he,s a memeber on hear and you can also find him on YOUTUBE showing how to work on them.He lives near Detroit,Mich.

BentSpurs

Reaction score
Try Bronco parts garage--he,s a memeber on hear and you can also find him on YOUTUBE showing how to work on them.He lives near Detroit,Mich.
Johnnyreb, thanks! Yes, Ive been in touch w him, aka “Chris-Your-Neighbor”. He has fan shrouds but doesn’t know if any of them are for Super Engine Cooling optioned Broncos. Happy Easter.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Johnnyreb, thanks! Yes, Ive been in touch w him, aka “Chris-Your-Neighbor”. He has fan shrouds but doesn’t know if any of them are for Super Engine Cooling optioned Broncos. Happy Easter.
Happy Easter to you and your family too. I,m sure you do your own work. Anyways if it hasn,t been out before. You might want to remeber to take some PB BLASTER, Kareo oil or MD 4- and spray the fitting and let it soak in before you try to take it out. Most of the time they will give you problems

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Happy Easter to you and your family too. I,m sure you do your own work. Anyways if it hasn,t been out before. You might want to remeber to take some PB BLASTER, Kareo oil or MD 4- and spray the fitting and let it soak in before you try to take it out. Most of the time they will give you problems
You might want to try GREEN SALES in Ohio-. They have alot of new old parts for many different years and makes. They have real people that answers the phone too and answer pretty quick. If you have part number the better.Good luck

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Miesk5!
Thanks very much!
BentSpurs
Yo Bent,
Shroud Modification (Single Core) for Heatbuster 4 Row in a 96 5.0; "...so I didn't find a 2 core shroud They go for about $130 at LMC so that was my last ditch. So I used my 1 core shroud on the heatbuster 4 core radiator. For the bottom clips, there are two sets of holes, if you use the outermost set, you can make the clips work on the bottom of the radiator to hold in the shroud. For the top shroud bolts, I used two self tapping screws with rubber washers as a temporary fix. After I put some miles on it, I'll determine if I need to move it up or down any and will do a more permanent mount. I put 50 miles on it today and had no issues with the fan coming into to contact with anything. I kind of zip tied the throttle body hose loosely to the body for now.I did have to notch the shroud to get my arm in there to put the fan back on, its tight but it works. I'm a little worried about the fan contacting the upper hose so I'll probably come up with a way to put a piece of thin removable sheetmetal over it so I can still remove fan easily. I'd also recommend changing your belt if you use the 1 core shroud as it makes it a little difficult to access it. I still plan to to put a 2 core shroud on when I find one at the yard, but just wanted to inform people that you can make the 1 core shroud work..."
Source: by Justin R

For a YARD SEARCH on-line, I use;
Hollander Quality Replacement Parts | Find Used Auto Parts | Online Locator
A yard that uses Hollander Interchange can search other yards and have it shipped including some Canadian yards.
"...For over eighty years, Hollander has been making the best tool for fast, interchangeable part matches. The new Edition Hollander Interchange contains more interchangeable options than ever before.
The Hollander Interchange provides auto recyclers and auto collectors, rebuilders, and others with the easiest and most comprehensive solution for identifying interchangeable auto parts..." See their yard Directory @ Seller Directory | Used Auto Parts | Hollanderparts
Can select a certain part.

HOMESEARCH PARTSSELLERS
Join
Sign in
Search for 1996 >Ford > Bronco > Cooling And Heating > Radiator Shroud > Alternate Radiator Shroud
Excerpts;
See attachments

¤
Car-Part.com--Used Auto tParts Market
Can select certain parts
Can search by year range, such as 92 through 96 & has best item condition descriptions such as "COVER BAD LEATHER PWR BKT GRY"
Has Vehicle Pics for some vehicles incl. interior/dash, back seat, front & rear and engine bay
¤

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220415-104226_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220415-104226_Chrome.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20220415-104808_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220415-104808_Chrome.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

BentSpurs

Reaction score
Yo Bent,
Shroud Modification (Single Core) for Heatbuster 4 Row in a 96 5.0; "...so I didn't find a 2 core shroud They go for about $130 at LMC so that was my last ditch. So I used my 1 core shroud on the heatbuster 4 core radiator. For the bottom clips, there are two sets of holes, if you use the outermost set, you can make the clips work on the bottom of the radiator to hold in the shroud. For the top shroud bolts, I used two self tapping screws with rubber washers as a temporary fix. After I put some miles on it, I'll determine if I need to move it up or down any and will do a more permanent mount. I put 50 miles on it today and had no issues with the fan coming into to contact with anything. I kind of zip tied the throttle body hose loosely to the body for now.I did have to notch the shroud to get my arm in there to put the fan back on, its tight but it works. I'm a little worried about the fan contacting the upper hose so I'll probably come up with a way to put a piece of thin removable sheetmetal over it so I can still remove fan easily. I'd also recommend changing your belt if you use the 1 core shroud as it makes it a little difficult to access it. I still plan to to put a 2 core shroud on when I find one at the yard, but just wanted to inform people that you can make the 1 core shroud work..."

A yard that uses Hollander Interchange can search other yards and have it shipped including some Canadian yards.
"...For over eighty years, Hollander has been making the best tool for fast, interchangeable part matches. The new Edition Hollander Interchange contains more interchangeable options than ever before.
The Hollander Interchange provides auto recyclers and auto collectors, rebuilders, and others with the easiest and most comprehensive solution for identifying interchangeable auto parts..." See their yard Directory @ Seller Directory | Used Auto Parts | Hollanderparts

HOMESEARCH PARTSSELLERS
Join
Sign in
Search for 1996 >Ford > Bronco > Cooling And Heating > Radiator Shroud > Alternate Radiator Shroud
Excerpts;
See attachments

¤
Can select certain parts
Can search by year range, such as 92 through 96 & has best item condition descriptions such as "COVER BAD LEATHER PWR BKT GRY"
Has Vehicle Pics for some vehicles incl. interior/dash, back seat, front & rear and engine bay
¤
Yo Bent,

HOMESEARCH PARTSSELLERS
Join
Sign in
Excerpts;
See attachments

¤
Can select certain parts
¤
Miesk5,
Solid gold resource right there, thanks very much. Will investigate. Meantime the strap metal and screws seem to be holding it together well enough until a replacement is found.
Happy Easter

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Miesk5,
Solid gold resource right there, thanks very much. Will investigate. Meantime the strap metal and screws seem to be holding it together well enough until a replacement is found.
Happy Easter
Their is also a ouple of places in California . That do make special size rafiators and use brass or copper

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msgsnprtom