Questions About A 6" Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bronco Joe

Reaction score
I plan to put a 6 inch lift on my 82 bronco. For the rear, I plan to use superlift's 3-3.5" add-a-leaf (Item # 33560) with superlift's 3 inch block kit with U-Bolts (Item # 33310). I was wondering if the U-bolts with the block kit will work or will I need longer ones because of the add-a-leaf? I'm also concerned about the angle. I know the blocks are tapered to align the drive shaft, but will it be thrown off because of the add-a-leaf? Will I need to lengthen my drive shaft if I

My_82_Ford_Bronco.jpg

Stomper4x4

Reaction score
Wow, ok 6 inches total in the back? Are your fronts 8 inches? Most TTB ford lift kits have 2 inches more lift in the front than in the back. Say you order a skyjacker 6 inch lift for your bronco, you get a 6 inch spring for the front, and 4 inches for the rear. Something to think about. IF you do go with 6 inches in the back, you will need a new driveshaft. Stock one works with 4 inches *6 in kit*.

As far as brackets, that'll be tricky. You need the dropdown brackets to replace the factory brackets that hold the front TTB to the frame. Not sure who sells that separately.

Me, I would use 6 in coils in the front, use your rear add-a-leaf. If that comes up a bit short, go to a junkyard and pull those one inch blocks off a factory pickup truck rear axle, with the built in bumpstops. That'll get you level.

Or do a shackle flip on the back, and forget abot blocks and AAL's

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke