Plug Wires/plug layout to distributer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CJGamer

Reaction score
so- I am working in the engine bay- pulled the plugs, and started putting stuff back together on one side.

When I pulled everything- I labeled which wire to which plug etc. I then cross referenced vs what is in the Haynes Manuel I'm using. Totally different. They basically go from all over, while the manual has them start in one spot, and go around the circle to 1-8. I will say- that I have always had some issues with idle, and stalling at idle.

Should I put them back how they were, or go by the manual. Is their something else I don't know about?

95 Bronco XLT

Reaction score
I just did this(Wires and plugs) to my 95 Bronco 2 weeks ago. I have 302 and from my understanding the 351 is the same order in respect to routing. So starting at 1 position, the subsequent order is 3-7-2-6-5-4-8. Do NOT run 5 and 6 next to each other and DO NOT run 1 and 3 next to each other. In lay terms, there is a possibility of heat causing the conduction system (the spark) to hop wires and misfire the sequence. There are some guys that will probably give you a link to a diagram of the technical write up but this will get you going. Ive seen the threads but I just cant provide a link to them for ya b/c I dont know how to yet...

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo,

I figure it's the 91 Bronco...so he has the original firing order and SP wire routing;

Spark Plug Wire Routing & Firing Order TSB 94-04-10 for 87-93 5.0

The firing order for 1987-1993 5.0L is 1-5-4-2-6-3-7-8. If #7 and #8, or #2 and #4 spark plug wires are routed next to each other at the separation bracket, an induction crossfire condition can occur.

Diagrams for 5.0, 87-93 & 94-96 5.0 ** - INCLUDES 5.8

Source: by Tank92 (Tank) at SuperMotors.net

1.gif

2.gif

3.gif

94-96 5.0 & all 5.8 - engine miss, spark knock, buck/***** surge and other driveability concerns; MIESK5 NOTE; & The firing order for 1994 5.0Ls & all 5.8Ls is 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8. On these vehicles the #1 and #3, or #5 and #6 spark plug wires must be separated to eliminate the possibility of an induction crossfire. To eliminate the possibility of the coil wire becoming disconnected, route the coil wire under the spark plug wires at the distributor cap.

Source: by Ford

95 Bronco XLT

Reaction score
when i said this would get you started...I didn't mean started in the wrong direction. Thanks for the correction M5:)

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
when i said this would get you started...I didn't mean started in the wrong direction. Thanks for the correction M5:)
yo Friend, It happens and you shouldn't worry.. I've seen top mechanics X it up; I had a heckuva time with it when Ford went to the 5.8 order and routing in the 94.

And the red X is bothering me; yesterday it appeared fine.. here is the URL for the entire routing section in Tank's SuperMotors site:

http://www.supermotors.net/clubs/superford/registry/5180/32495

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danno