PCV has 2 tubes. Large tube goes to air cleaner. What's small one for? 84 351W 2bbl carb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L\Bronco

Reaction score
Welcome to broncoZone!
If I am understanding you correctly, you are referring to the 2 PCV hoses (One on each valve cover)
If so, one does in fact go to the air cleaner,(for fresh air) while the other (1\4") goes to the intake manifold, likely at the baseplate of the carburetor on the back side. (This is the vacuum supply for the PCV system and should have the valve on it at the valve cover end.)
Hope that helps.
Cheers

OP
OP
J

jack715

Reaction score
Welcome to broncoZone!
If I am understanding you correctly, you are referring to the 2 PCV hoses (One on each valve cover)
If so, one does in fact go to the air cleaner,(for fresh air) while the other (1\4") goes to the intake manifold, likely at the baseplate of the carburetor on the back side. (This is the vacuum supply for the PCV system and should have the valve on it at the valve cover end.)
Hope that helps.
Cheers
Thanks for your reply! The larger hose from the PCV valve goes to the baseplate but at the front of the carb. It's covered by stuff and behind the distributer but I was able to follow it after reading your info.
What I still don't know is what the smaller tube, about 1/8", above the larger tube on the PCV valve, is used for. It does not have a hose going to it. Maybe at one time it went to the snorkle on the air cleaner.

L\Bronco

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply! The larger hose from the PCV valve goes to the baseplate but at the front of the carb. It's covered by stuff and behind the distributer but I was able to follow it after reading your info.
What I still don't know is what the smaller tube, about 1/8", above the larger tube on the PCV valve, is used for. It does not have a hose going to it. Maybe at one time it went to the snorkle on the air cleaner.
Its likely an aftermarket PCV valve, some vehicles use it as a vac supply for other systems. On a Ford, it is usually capped off.
Hope that helps
Cheers

Motech

Reaction score
What I still don't know is what the smaller tube, about 1/8", above the larger tube on the PCV valve, is used for.
Its likely an aftermarket PCV valve, some vehicles use it as a vac supply for other systems. On a Ford, it is usually capped off.
Hope that helps
Cheers

Absolutely. It's how aftermarket ups their margins with a one size fits (not!) all part number.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msgsnprtom