Oxygen sensor removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HOLLISTERBULLDAWG

Reaction score
I continue to have problems removing that upper bolt on the starter in my '92 Bronco. It must be seized badly. Trying to work around the oxygen sensor adds increased difficulty. What are the problems associated with removing the sensor? I am not sure if it is just threaded in place. Any advice?

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
They are threaded into place, they make a special socket for them.

Not sure I have ever removed one without breaking it so if you choose that route you might plan on a new sensor.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo Hollister,
O2 Removal in a 96;
"Using an oxygen sensor socket will help with your leverage issue. Soaking it with PB Blaster overnight is also a good suggestion. If it is still stuck add some heat by driving it around for 20 minutes or use a torch. Cycling heat and adding PB Blaster may be in your future. My single O2 sensor on my '92 F350 was stuck and never budged after using the above techniques. I was in the market for a new Bassani Y-pipe so I went that route instead. My old O2 sensor is still solidly attached to the old y-pipe out in the side yard." by RLA

I agree w/RLA on PB BLASTER, HEAT, etc.

I replaced the O2 sendor five years ago on our 96 5.0

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke