Oregon Off-highway Association

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SaddleUp

Reaction score
Brown's Camp in TSF has a number of challenging trails. Everything from mild to wild. (Busted axles, torn steering knuckles, busted tie rods, rigs on their side, etc., are not uncommon) The landscape is beautiful though with some great viewpoints. I was out there a few weeks ago giving my new old Bronco a trial run and will be going again in the next week or two. On the last trip out I determined that fuel injection was to be my first major upgrade since it was stalling a lot on the hills and that disk brakes would be nice. (The drum brakes weren't real bad but they sure made a bunch of racket on the steep hills) Overall the run went pretty well even though I sheered the right front axle shaft in the carrier. I will be more prepared for the next trip though. The EFI swap is complete, Disk brakes are on (still need to change the master cyl.), new axle is in, and the Powr-Lok in front has a new clutch pack. When running the trails prepare for some mud and rocks. My BFG Mud Terrains do pretty well although the favorite among most are Super Swampers. If you get back in a ways around Saddle Up or Firebreak Five you will find the more challenging stuff. For something a little easier you can just run the powerline trails. There use to be a lot of deep mud on them however they have closed most of the muddy stuff off and redirected the trails around it. Too bad as I had a nice camping spot we use to use at the end of a side trail they closed.

Rick

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sf66