New user, my 89 Bronco was vandalized and looking for post to help me help her!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Banchie

Reaction score
Yo Banchie,
Welcome!
Sorry to hear this.
What is damaged and which year, engine, transmission etc is it?
Did you report it to police?

See this, File A Vandalized Car Claim - Nationwide @ https://www.nationwide.com/personal/insurance/claims/auto/pages/vandalism

Al
89, 5.0. I did report it, it was a sorry nothing we can do! They stripped the doors. I replaced them, little off but hey lol. Ripped off the grill, cut the lock wire, took the battery and a part of out that I have been trying to track down. The 2 vacuum tubes are cut that Come out of the engine, so I think it has to do with the emc? I’ve taken her to mechanics and I get, well it runs fine why you worried? Or they admit they just don’t know. I’ve done small repairs on her so I’m hoping I can find it, I’m not a mechanic. I do like getting dirty and fixing what I can.

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
Post pictures of what you are seeing if you can. If it is running fine it may just be vapor recovery stuff.

Door adjustments can take a lot of time and be quite frustrating.

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
I think I can see one vacuum line capped? is that it?

If everything is working, like heat and AC controls, vents change from floor to defrost and such. Then don't worry about it. Hard to tell where that line went.

You could trace down each line and compare it to a diagram but really, if everything works then who cares. That would mean it was probably emission related.

If it was for like the EGR you will get a code eventually. Deal with it then.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
OP
OP
B

Banchie

Reaction score
I think I can see one vacuum line capped? is that it?

If everything is working, like heat and AC controls, vents change from floor to defrost and such. Then don't worry about it. Hard to tell where that line went.

You could trace down each line and compare it to a diagram but really, if everything works then who cares. That would mean it was probably emission related.

If it was for like the EGR you will get a code eventually. Deal with it then.
I capped it, the ac/heat is not working correctly now. They don’t adjust. It passes smog just fine. I am going to look at those diagrams though! Thank you!

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo Banchie,
"the ac/heat is not working correctly now. They don’t adjust"
What doesn't adjust?
Here is some info from the 1989 Bronco EVTM that I provided here yesterday;
Screenshot_20211113-085045_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20211113-085110_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20211113-084931_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20211113-085041_Gallery.jpg

OP
OP
B

Banchie

Reaction score
I looked at those! You guys will never know much I appreciate the help! With the diagrams and the advice on how my air is blowing it helped me to know what to look for. The air doesn’t switch from like the console to feet, the smell is freaking crazy too. It was fine before they took the part and cut the line. I couldn’t track the line before as they cut the line so short and well the part is gone lol it makes sense now. After work I plan to go out and look more!

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
I looked at those! You guys will never know much I appreciate the help! With the diagrams and the advice on how my air is blowing it helped me to know what to look for. The air doesn’t switch from like the console to feet, the smell is freaking crazy too. It was fine before they took the part and cut the line. I couldn’t track the line before as they cut the line so short and well the part is gone lol it makes sense now. After work I plan to go out and look more!
Yo B,
FYI;
A/C Switches to Defrost in MAX Mode; "...If MAX A/C only blows out the defrost registers, or if it switches to defrost during hard acceleration, this vacuum line (to the recirculate motor) is the reason. The white plastic is far more susceptible to UV light than any other color, and the gap along the edge of the hood allows it to degrade...Another common failure is for the coffee-can vacuum reservoir to crack and leak, but it affects more than just MAX A/C."
recircline.jpg
Source: by former member Steve83

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danno