New trail run

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigbluebronc

Reaction score
Have wheeled my trails along time and seeing newbie getting stuck that might have been bad, without my or others help

1 Well first off run with a buddy!

2 check truck, fluids first(water, oil, transcases, transmission, diffs

) climb under and nut and bolt( check all drivetrain parts, shafts, suspension,mounts(just checked mine trans case mount bolts loose,opps)**** the stuff out of everything, and wipe down.

3 for trail rigs test drive, see what leaks and fix(you everyday drivers know what leaks)

4 Know where you run (snow and cold weather, means extra food and water and sleeping bags, or blankets... I got stuck over night its not fun , socks, extra boots and more gear helps you walk out off the trail...

5 Take a map and know what trail your on, in case you have too call (either cb, cell,ham radio(carry all/both) too get a rescue, at least you can tell them where you are, driving with a friend/buddy in another truck best...

6 Make sure you have recovery gear, winch and associated gear best, two straps and a ****** block and a winch your golden, dont forget your shovels.

7 Carry first aid, extra parts, a good jack, tire plugs, some sort of air compressor, a good spare, oil, water(at least 2 gals)( you can drink it, and put it in the truck).

8 Tell anybody you know that your going out on a trail and that they should expect you back at least by night or when ever/and tell them what trials!

Safety First and Tread lite

(Pick up your trash and somebody elses)

Last edited by a moderator:

Samave

Reaction score
I just got back from JRPS and the trails were in great condition. I ran into Jimmy McMillen and he was going to clear the two trees on the North trail.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke