New tires. Lettering out or in?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SoFloBronco

Reaction score
About to put some new BF Goodrich AT KO tires on my '93. Was wondering what ya'll thought about which way the tires should face. Lettering out or in?

OP
OP
S

SoFloBronco

Reaction score
Looked at a bunch of pics and I went lettering in. The current tires were this way and I like the look so I agree with you guys. Thanks

chrlsful

Reaction score
yeah, pretty personal like exh note (I like late '50s/early 60s Italian i6 w/Abarth res & ****) hate flow master.

All Ways in 4 me. "Too busy" w/them out...
BUT
I cut all the 'show the public' tags off clothes too~

Ric330

Reaction score
Personal preference of course, but I have the letters out on my 94 Bronco but in on my 2013 F150 because that's kinda period correct for each vehicle. Plus...15" wheels and 33" tires have a lot of sidewall showing to be all black, IMO. It would also depend on how big and how tasteful (or garish) the lettering was. If they said "Mighty Mudder Super Swamper" definitely in, but something simple as, for instance, Goodyear Wrangler or Bridgestone Dueler out is ok.

Laurits

Reaction score
About to put some new BF Goodrich AT KO tires on my '93. Was wondering what ya'll thought about which way the tires should face. Lettering out or in?
I have the lettering out on my '88. I think they look good that way.

Black Bronco King

Reaction score
Personal preference of course, but I have the letters out on my 94 Bronco but in on my 2013 F150 because that's kinda period correct for each vehicle. Plus...15" wheels and 33" tires have a lot of sidewall showing to be all black, IMO. It would also depend on how big and how tasteful (or garish) the lettering was. If they said "Mighty Mudder Super Swamper" definitely in, but something simple as, for instance, Goodyear Wrangler or Bridgestone Dueler out is ok.
In my case, I have the "Midnight Edition" 1994 EXT with 15x33's. Since my Bronco is Black on Black throughout, I put letters of BF Goodrich's inside. I just couldn't see breaking up the theme of this particular model with white lettering popping out.

scotto1996

Reaction score
OUT... Long time member, first post.

Attachments

• tempImageXUjp4s.png
    tempImageXUjp4s.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 4

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
OUT... Long time member, first post.
Yo Scotto,
Welcome!
Nice paint!
Here is some 96 info, although you probably saw it since you're a plank owner here;
ASAP, find out if speed control recall work, if equipped was completed. If you still have concerns about Recalls, please contact the Ford Customer Relationship Center:
US: 800-392-3673 | CA: 800-565-3673
Note: 3673 spells "FORD" on phone keys
For the hearing- or speech-impaired: Please contact the Telecommunication Relay Service by dialing 71
... have VIN ready.
"Summary: ON CERTAIN PICKUP TRUCKS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, AND MOTOR HOMES CHASSIS, THE SPEED CONTROL DEACTIVATION SWITCH MAY, UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS, LEAK INTERNALLY AND THEN OVERHEAT, SMOKE, OR BURN. THIS COULD RESULT IN AN UNDERHOOD FIRE."
To confirm current status, use this guide by jowens1126 @ 93 & 94-96 Cruise Control Recalls Repair
Note that the 93 recall is different than the 94-96 recall.

Here's the 1996 Bronco/F-Series Workshop Manual partial

96 Bronco Owner's Guide, Maintenance Schedules & Parts and Accessories by Ford @ Owner Manuals | fleet.ford.com

96 Bronco Dealer Brochure @ https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/conten...sovers/bronco/pdf/96_Ford_Bronco_Brochure.pdf

96 Bronco Quick Tips Brochure Excerpts & some Eddie Bauer options @ 1983 Ford Bronco 96 EB Bronco Brochures pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net
Al

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReturnToHangar