New Broncozone Feature Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gunner

Reaction score
ok everyone loves dana's EB but i think it is time to elect a new feature truck. So start the nominations.

you cannot nominate yourself so dont try. i believe we should do this like an election. someone nominates a truck then someone else seconds it than we will take the nominated trucks and put them in a pole to see who wins.

criteria should just be to have at least a couple of pictures and a list of mods you have done. just because you cant nominate yourself doesnt mean you cant post a picture in here to help get yourself nominated.

OP
OP
G

Gunner

Reaction score
ok i will make the first nomination.

i nominate justshoot me. he has a great looking bronco and has done alot of work to it. the only problem i have with it is the euro lenses but hey i can look over that.

so just so everyone can see the truck i am talking about look at justshootme profile to see his truck.

Ktomek06

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

biggnat79

Reaction score
I nominate Oscar. That Bronco is a monster, and his trail reports are amazing.

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
My favorite nominee if Freak!!! Very clean '78 Bronco with some great mods!!!

(Gunner, you only see the clear tails when I'm leaving you in the dust. [j/k] Where's your pic of you Bronco?)

I also second Ktomek06's nomination of 74EBinIDAHO, and bignat79's nom. for Oscar. Man, this is going to be tough to vote on!!!.

Here's a link to my personal gallery at superford.org with all the specs on my rig:

My gallery

OP
OP
G

Gunner

Reaction score
ok so far we have for nominees

1. 74EBinIDAHO

2. Justshootme84

3. Oscar

When we get at least 1 more i will set up the poll to see who the winner is going to be.

now to randy remember i am working on the extensive resto right now. i could take pictures but it is all in pieces right now. **** it took me two hours yesterday just to fix the steering column and put in the new steering wheel becasue i also had to fix the wiring for the horn that didnt work before but it does now. i just got the undercoat on the inside of the bronc now i have to purchase a complete weatherstripping kit, carpet, brakes, and undercoat the chassis with that napa stuff you told me about. then comes the ford/laser blue (the color in the ford symbol) paint job. after allthat is complete i will submit my beast for vote. and also you would be surprised what my little 302 can push or should i say pull. i am telling you i wouldnt change my carbbed 302 for an injected 351 anyday.

OP
OP
G

Gunner

Reaction score
you know what i second the freak nomination. he hasnt posted in a while so i dont even know if he will see if he wins. but hey that is a clean 78.

so we have the nominees. here they are.

1. 74EBinIDAHO

2. Justshootme84

3. Oscar

4. Freak

post your vote in the poll that i am going to make up and if you have more nominees just let me know.

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
O.K. Gunner, I see what you mean. Be sure to take a few pics now of the renewal process and the mods. I have some pics somewher when I was in the "Bubba" phase with different colored body panels. At least we agree that we'd rather drive a carbed motor! And we like blue!

OP
OP
G

Gunner

Reaction score
yeah i am going to take my new digicam over to the broncos resting ground [-o< and take some pictures of the resurrection in progress.

kelly

Reaction score
i really like freaks monster but i'll have to go with 74EBinIDAHO. i love early broncs and thats where i'm from anyway.

4xfan78

Reaction score
The only bronco owner that I can think of is FREAK, that's an awsome 78 plus it's one of the only on the zone.

cowboydan

Reaction score
so if i have a cool truck and wanted others to see it, how can it be done if i can't enter myself? no one really knows me and i don't have alot of time to spend on here. how can i get more recognition if i can't enter?

Seabronc

Reaction score
so if i have a cool truck and wanted others to see it, how can it be done if i can't enter myself? no one really knows me and i don't have alot of time to spend on here. how can i get more recognition if i can't enter?
27620[/snapback]

Dan, do you know how to post a picture? If not someone can talk you thru the process. I will nominate you. What time of day are you usually on the forum?

Good luck,

:)>-

cowboydan

Reaction score
this is my build up

my bronco is an 87. after much discussion with 79bigbronco i decided it would be easier and better in the long run to build a complete chassis seperate from my truck. biggest reason was that i needed something that was built properly but i didn't know where to begin. so with a little help from 79bigbronco a started to collect all the parts starting with a heavyduty chassis= 78 or 79. lots of reasons for not using my 87chassis. the chioce was made, i bought a 78 rolling chassis wich had d44, 9", 205tc. pulled a sbc6 tranny/tcase,posi from an 84 bronco, but had to trade 205 for alum borg, the output shaft of the sbc6 didn't engage the 205 so rather than waste time, i opted for the matching tcase. had to switch the yokes a couple times to match but it worked out with only minor cursing.

now, with the chassis selected it was cleanup time. i took the grinder to the frame and cleaned it up as best as i thought could be done... but not good enough for dave. no matter what this guy couldn't be pleased about anything i did. so i kept going back to redo and redo again but then i realised what the goal was so instead of getting frusterated, i took up a whole 2 weeks to clean properly... looking back... cleanup was a big part of why i have a cool rig... worth every minute!

the original goal was to complete my rig by maylong (canada).i had taken 10 days of that was supposed to be for wheeling... but my hard head got in the way. the pressure was on to seperate the body of the truck i was still driving dd. i drove in on the begginning of my holidays and in less than a day we had seperated the body thanks to a lil' tool we borrowed called frankenstien. the old chassis was scrapped and we wheeled in the new chassis complete with 79 4" lift coils and as the pics show 5"blocks/ slapper. with the body not weighing as much, the alum t-case and a small 351, the 4" lift springs were not compressing leading to the front being high. so we created a leveling body lift.

by the end of my holidays my rig wasn't finished so no wheeling that weekend but later that week i drove her home and the responce was very gradifying. the most impressive piont of my build was that we not only completed my rig but also completed dave 79 build as well. wich neither was an easy task and i was waorking full time elsware so this was done in eve and weekends on my part anyway.

i might not have rear lift springs but she sure does preform well when it counts and the angle shimms are no issue

bbp.bmp

bbp4.bmp

bbp7.bmp

bbp9.bmp

bbp10.bmp

bbp11.bmp

post_1175_1118382730.jpg

post_1175_11183827891.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts