need to fix my heat before winter!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

90windsor

Reaction score
all last winter my heat barely blew at all, until i realized there was a giant melted hole in the black plastic that surrounds the heater core and a/c stuff. obviously from the manifolds a long time ago. i just patched it with some duct tape and a towel, but i want to fix it right. i cant seem to find the heater box. looked JBG and ebay. nothing. anyone know where i can find one? or some of that aluminum stuff with insulation on the inside that most cars use on the firewall? ive looked everywhere for that (the previous owner patched it with that)

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
all last winter my heat barely blew at all, until i realized there was a giant melted hole in the black plastic that surrounds the heater core and a/c stuff. obviously from the manifolds a long time ago. i just patched it with some duct tape and a towel, but i want to fix it right. i cant seem to find the heater box. looked JBG and ebay. nothing. anyone know where i can find one? or some of that aluminum stuff with insulation on the inside that most cars use on the firewall? ive looked everywhere for that (the previous owner patched it with that)

I'd get the box (called heater plenum in some references) from a yard; esp since the yards around this area have many Broncos & F Series with no engines (they take em out along w/tranny/Xfer case right away) so it is ez to remove

I like the 3M Aluminum Foil Insulation Tape

http://multimedia.mmm.com/mws/mediawebserv...s666Ae_COrrrrQ-

Performs from -56

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReturnToHangar