More SPAM is being added to existing threads.

miesk5

Staff member
Bryan, as we discussed, I and most likely skitter have no ability to delete SPAM messages or ban Perpetrators.

miesk5

Staff member
Yep!
I sent Bryan screen shots on my view of the spam that included my Post Reply options.

Skitter302

Staff member
Woo, I have a new toolbar at the top of my screen. Looks like I can review edit and delete reported posts now. I'll familiarize myself with tools later.

miesk5

Staff member
So do i
The web site person who converted bz to this new format shoukd have given Bryan something described as Staff Tools, such as;
The Approval ques at top left of page;
Report queue general use:
You can see when something has been reported by the notification in the Moderation Bar at the top left of the site labeled “Reports”. By clicking Reports, you will find a list of all the things that have been reported.

1. The “Active reports” tab will show all open (unresolved) reports. You can tell if the report has been assigned to a moderator if you see a label “Assigned (moderator name)” to the right of the report title. If there is no label, then the report has not been assigned.
2. You can open a report by clicking on its title. Once opened, at the top, you will see a copy of the reported item with any comments, status, and information beneath it.
3. If you feel capable of resolving the issue, you can assign it to yourself, changing the status, and/or adding comments as the situation is dealt with. This keeps all staff members informed at all times
4. Once an issue is resolved, you can mark the report as “Resolved” in the options shown within the report. After the item is set to Resolved it will move from the queue and into the “Closed reports” tab.
■●■
The Spam Cleaner can be accessed via the Membercard (clicking on a users avatar from thread view) of members, their profile page, or in the options area at the bottom of every post.

Using the spam cleaner on posts:

1. Click the Spam link at the bottom of the post.
2. The Spam cleaner overlay will pop-up. All items under spam cleaner controls should be checked, this will remove all posts by the spam user and ban the user.
3. Click “Clean Up” to activate the tool.
Using spam cleaner on profile:

1. Navigate to the user profile.
2. Click on “Moderator tools” in the top right.
3. Click “Spam” then follow steps 2 and 3 above.

miesk5

Staff member
Part 2,
I deleted a duplicate post by clicking on the 3 horizontal dots @ TOP RIGHT of their reply.
20200213_084607.jpg

To EDIT your or a member's post, click edit yet at bottom LEFT BELOW reply

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
I messed a simple setting on your accounts. You were staff, but not checked marked as a Mod. Easy fix but I missed it. :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FWC_Bronco